Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed once in a lifetime images of Disney & planes, if this is why Florida’s COVID cases are low, if paying with cash was more valuable than with miles, & more! Click here to read all about it!
And then on Thursday, we found some interesting articles about United & Spirit being up to their old tricks, good news from American Airlines, how easy it is for COIVD-10 to spread, and more! Click here to read it all!
Our most-read articles this week:
- The newly approved safety guide for Las Vegas casinos
- The most disappointing tourist attractions in the world
- 100 of the most stupid questions ever asked of travel agents
- The aftermath of the man arrested for camping on Walt Disney World’s abandoned Discovery Island
- Hotels are seeing more business! Here’s where the biggest jumps in occupancy are
- Europe’s plan to reopen for travel & what it means for the U.S.
- Orlando International Airport readies to welcome back the traveling public
- I was eligible for the 125,000 AMEX Platinum sign up bonus! And then I woke up
- First flight using health passports announced
- The countries that have had no coronavirus cases
- CLEAR to offer COVID-19 screening in the U.S.
- Southwest copying American Airlines? The world is upside down
- You could lose your Hertz points unless you’re on the lookout
- A report of what it is like to fly nowadays
- These COVID restrictions are in place at Shanghai Disneyland. Would you accept them at WDW?
- Sorry, travel is not getting any cheaper
- The wrong way to create your own in-flight entertainment
- Universal Orlando’s CityWalk reopens, with LOTS of changes
- Southwest resuming some international flights beginning in June
- Second wave of WDW’s Disney Springs reopening to include Disney-owned storefronts
- American Airlines offering targeted bonuses for travel from July until the end of 2020
- Why are aircraft landing gear tilted?
- JetBlue’s expansion to London will be delayed
- Cruise lines’ “no sail order” currently to July 24, could be extended again
- On the plane: categories of those who recline and those who get reclined on
- The best credit card to pay for streaming video and music subscriptions
- Disney Cruise Line: last Disney entity to reopen & delays of future ships
- Citi makes it easier to use the Prestige’s travel credit
- Welcome to the world of rolling point extensions
- Canceled tour? These are your chances for a refund
- Hilton’s promotion solution strikes the right balance
- Airline complaints are up 17 times the norm. Here’s the DOT’s response
- Want to keep all of your travel plans organized? Use TripIt
- Eleven companies giving free/discounted travel to essential workers
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary