Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about big changes to hotels nationwide, passengers at a U.S. airport at risk for measles, is there freedom of speech on a plane?, airline helping to protect privacy, the latest about skiplagging, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about what flight staff knows about you, more legroom announced, last chance EVER for this experience, new way UBER’s charging more, newest about resort fees, favored airline meal now gone, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- The two ways to get from JFK Airport to Manhattan
- The case of the mysterious minibar charge
- Airline status matters for some but most of us should just ignore it
- Why can’t every TSA officer be like this one?
- Credit card review: American Airlines Aadvantage Aviator Red Mastercard
- The gate check dilemma
- Lounge review: Jetblue T5 rooftop JFK Airport
- When The Onion satirizes travel & it’s not very far from the truth
- Airline boarding groups: the master list (updated October 2019)
- Why are so many airlines going bankrupt?
- Aftermath of the mystery woman who got onto Delta plane with no ticket or I.D. (a.k.a. the rest of the story)
- Product review: Soarigami – does it really solve the airplane armrest problem?
- How international travelers have changed in the past 20 years
- 10 really cool places for geeks & nerds to visit in Los Angeles
- Confession: I don’t care what hotel we stay in
- Why owns airports?
- I fell for the Barclays survey email about their arrival card
- Learning how to be a tourist in New York City
- Am I an influencer? Jeesh, I hope not
- What to do when your credit card doesn’t work with UBER
- Lufthansa is upcycling & turning an old plane into furniture & household goods
- Sign your enemies up for this offer of bad wines & Frontier miles
- Traveling internationally & need a visa waiver? Make sure you go to the country’s official site, not a scam site
- Free sports jersey (value up to $125) with purchase or renewal of Walt Disney World annual pass
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary