When you buy or renew an annual pass, especially for Walt Disney World, you generally don’t get anything of real substance for free. You may get some nice perks like varying discounts or special seating areas for parades or fireworks or, if you have the more expensive, higher-end annual pass, the opportunity to go to some special AP-only event. But except for the occasional “Buy an AP and get X number of months free,” or a car magnet or small cutting board with a Mickey head on it, they don’t give a whole lot away for free. Because well, let’s face it, ain’t nuthin’ is “free” at WDW, including if you buy or renew your annual pass.
That is, until now…
This is currently offered as a perk on the Orlando Magic website:
Purchase or Renew a Qualifying Walt Disney World Annual Pass at the Amway Center & Get a Free Jersey
Here’s the play-by-play…
- To purchase, visit one of the Disney Ticket Centers located within the Amway Center.
- Select your Black or White Jersey
- Make it your own (Optional) – customization is $24.95 + taxes (or prevailing rate)
- Redeem at the Magic Team Shop on the Event Level or the Magic Team Shop behind Section 117 on the Terrace Level
- All members of the party must be present at the time of purchase/renewal
- Receive free personalization when you spend $75 or more at the Orlando Magic Team Store*
Here’s some important information to know:
- “Qualified annual pass” means a pass that allows admission to the 4 “big” WDW parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom) for at least 150 days (so that the holder is entitled to enter 150 times with each time on a different day). Annual passes to water parks don’t count.
- You can’t get the jersey if you renew your pass online or at Disney. It has to be at the Disney Ticket Centers within Amway Center.
- Any existing Orlando Magic Nike Swingman Jersey in black and white is included in the offer. Specific player jerseys, colors and sizes are subject to availability (approximate retail value is up to $125).
Here’s more info about the Amway Center and Disney Ticket center:
- Click here for more info, including the FAQ about the offer
- Both Disney Ticket Centers are open for ALL Magic home games. Team Shop doors open as a ticketed entrance 1.5 hours before the game begins (IMPORTANT: This means you have to have a ticket to a Magic game to get this done). The front doors remain open as a ticketed entrance throughout the game and will not re-open until after the game has concluded. Team Shop will close roughly 30 minutes following the conclusion of the game. In addition to during Magic home games, the Orlando Magic Team Shop is open Monday – Friday 10am – 5pm, Saturday – Sunday closed (hours vary on event days) further information can be found at www.orlandomagic.com/teamshop.
- The Amway Center is about 17 miles northeast of Walt Disney World, just off of I-4, in Downtown Orlando.
- Parking at the Amway center’s garage is ridiculously expensive. There are several parking garages on the other side of I-4 (east of the Amway Center) that are just 1 or 2 blocks away and will cost half the price. Check out this page for more info about parking in the area. Parking west of the Amway center is not as safe as parking east of it…just sayin’.
- You can also taxi, Lyft or UBER there. This article has links to UBER, Lyft and taxi calculators.
- If you’re really adventurous, you can take the public bus to the Amway Center and back. It’s not the fastest way but it’s, by far, the cheapest way! Click here to learn how to do it.
The offer is available through September 30, 2020, or until promotion quantities run out.
Check out https://www.nba.com/magic/annualpass for more info.
(there’s a similar offer on the Walt Disney World annual passholder website [see below for a screen capture], but it says the offer ends on October 1, 2019. That was last year’s offer. Although the Orlando Magic’s website was updated to reflect the 2019-2020 offer, apparently someone at Disney didn’t get the memo that they’re doing it again this year LOLOL!)
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary