Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed the worst COVID travel idea EVER, the Hyatt to avoid, this will be gone at Disney, what to bring on a post-COVID trip, the best Hyatt, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- This is the first country to welcome all tourists, with no conditions
- Revenue management be damned! Delta is betting on giving customers what they want
- The four things you should never spend your money on at an airport
- Someone tell Hawaii airports they’re going to waste $36M
- Booked! We’ve decided when we think it will be safe for us to travel again
- Hawaii is asking, “What part of ‘quarantine’ do you not understand?”
- Some of the best travel-themed masks I’ve seen so far
- In Japan, they don’t mess around with their reopenings
- Guess what might not be there when you start traveling again?
- Demographics of who will travel first (age, income, etc.)
- How they find “The Best Doctors in America” for in-flight magazine ads
- The only traveler New Zealand let in, despite their travel ban
- The things I won’t do for Your Mileage May Vary
- How to transfer Chase ultimate rewards to maximize value for new redemption options
- American, Delta & United all extend last date of change fee waivers
- Hawaii hotel check one big thing off its “to do” list during shutdown
- Virgin just can’t catch a break
- It’s official: Walt Disney World has targeted its planned reopening dates
- Post-COVID reservations on the NYC subway being considered
- Here’s what happens if you ask a Congressman to help expedite your passport
- Spain reopening to international tourists as of July 1
- Casino owner giving away 1000 free flights to Las Vegas
- Why I chose to earn fewer points on my cell phone each month
- RIU Hotels & Resorts reopening; will still offer buffets
- This “hotel” in Dallas is reopening. Sweet!
- Credit card review: World of Hyatt card
- Can the NBA rescue Walt Disney World?
- Road trip this summer? More mosquitoes are in these cities
- Antimicrobial key bards now available for hotels
- Trained detection dogs could sniff out COVID-19
- Where pilots & flight attendants sleep on long flights
- Who do you trust for trip advice?
- While working from home, I busted out my vintage Disney T-shirt collection
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary