Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Miles to Family writes about the statement from Royal Caribbean’s CEO that traditional buffets will be gone from the ships when they resume operations with passengers. This might be a shock to well-seasoned cruisers as the buffet is often the best part of the trip. I can see how this is necessary as I’ve also said that I think buffets are not going to be coming back to Disney World.
- I’ve used a packing list to get ready for trips for over 15 years. It’s the same MS Excel file that I edit as necessary. It’s three pages, one for clothes, one for toiletries and a final one with things for my pockets. No Mas Coach presents a list of important items that need to be added to any packing list post-COVID-19. I guess I’ll need to edit that file again.
- Matthew from Live and Let’s Fly wrote a great article about the issues people consider before traveling again. I’ve not always agreed with Matthew, particularly when he suggested getting infected with COVID-19 just so he could travel with ease again, which is one of the worst ideas ever. In his recent post, he proposes what it will take to get people to feel safe about getting back on the road and why we are not forcing governments around the world to do these things right now.
- Frequent Miler isn’t going to let the world stop him from making travel plans. It’s not too early to look for locations during Winter Break 2020 or Spring Break 2021. His search is for the great U.S. based Hyatt resorts to stay at during winter and spring. Some of the places look really nice, but if you want to visit Key West, I’d stay away from the Hyatt Centric.
- Southwest announced that they are going to start to bring back some of their in-flight services on flights that are over 250 miles that were paused due to coronavirus. It’s not a full service and still no way I’ll be able to use my free drink coupons before they expire.
- It’s being reported that the EDITION Times Square hotel, part of Marriott Bonvoy, will be closing in August. The hotel located right in the middle of Times Square just opened in 2018. It’s only one of a few locations for the newly created EDITION brand. It’s in a prime location and looked stylishly designed, so it will be interesting to see what ends up in that space.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.