Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about new loyalty programs, new travel visa requirements, the dirtiest seat on the plane, Halloween Horror Night merch, scary vs. hilarious safety videos, a difficult tipping situation, new Airbnb incentive, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about hidden AMEX offers revealed, new lounge fees, don’t be THAT guy, would YOU do this?, bye Felicia (don’t let the door smack you in the…), new VA upper class, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- ‘Tis the season for cheap one-way rentals – prices start as low as $9.99/day!
- Want a business credit card? Here’s how to prove you’re a real business
- How to donate your points and miles to support Hurricane Dorian victims
- Airplane bathrooms are nasty by the end of the flight. Whose responsibility is that, anyway?
- Some of the funniest flight attendant safety spiels ever
- I’m not a Star Wars fan. Here’s what I thought of Disney’s Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge (no spoilers!)
- What credit cards are in our wallets (2019)
- “The Only Plane In The Sky: An Oral History of 9/11”
- Time to sign up for my favorite Discover 5% cash back categories of the year
- Potential new slowdown at TSA checkpoint (PreCheck & Regular Lines) thanks to a new policy
- Could a passenger with no previous flight experience actually fly a plane?
- Tomorrow’s your only chance to see this award-winning film about 9/11 in theaters
- Need to store your luggage for a while? This could be a great place to do it! (and we have a discount code!)
- My memories of our first post-9/11 trip to New York
- THIS is why TSA employees can be so rude & irritating. NOW it all makes sense!
- What in the world is Citi thinking?
- How to get the most reward points when buying amusement park tickets
- Why do most of the busiest airports in the U.S. have chapels?
- Hundreds of thousands of U.S. citizens at risk of having their passports revoked
- Do you need a measles booster shot when traveling internationally?
- Farewell, Google Express! We never really knew why you existed, anyway
- Can the lock on your hotel room door be hacked? Yes, easily
- I finally managed to get the OK to visit Hong Kong, but I’m not going to plan a trip right now
- United: the airline that proves they just have no more “effs” to give
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary