Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- I’ve written before about the things I’ve done to keep our marriage healthy (Note from Sharon: I love you too, Joe. I’m glad I’m worth $20 to you LOL). Matthew from Live and Let’s Fly writes about an act of kindness that goes beyond even what I would do. Would you do it?
- There’s a flight review on God Save the Points about the Upper Class cabin on Virgin Atlantic’s new A350-1000 planes. While I mused about how we were “over” with flying premium cabins, this plane might have just changed my mind.
- I’ve gotten over my fear of staying at a timeshare property after our stays in Sedona and Las Vegas. I’m still not to the level of Mark from Miles to Memories, who is hoping he gets a great offer to stay at a timeshare resort.
- Michael from Inside the Magic gave a great run down of what you may experience at Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando this year.
- I think we all can agree that resort fees, or any additional fees, charged by a hotel are just wrong. If that wasn’t enough, Gary from View from the Wing alerts us that some Las Vegas lounges are now charging a “Venue Fee” on top of your bill. I thought the overpriced drinks were payment enough for operating a bar.
- AMEX Offers are really upping their game recently. There are some great restaurant deals, hotel deals and even deals for meals on Disney World property. Monkey Miles let us know about a new offer for bonus Membership Rewards points on Amazon.com purchases that I’m totally taking advantage of.
- Speaking of AMEX offers, did you know that you can only see up to 100 offers on your account at a time? Neither did I until I read this post from No Mas Coach which shows you how to unlock those “invisible offers”.
- None of us want to be “that guy” at the airport or on board a plane. The Flight Detective writes about one of the creeping menaces encroaching on all public spaces and the easy steps you can take to prevent yourself from being the person everyone hates.
- Finally, Ben from One Mile at a Time writes about how the Marriott PR executive behind the “Bonvoy” campaign is leaving the company. While I don’t blame her for all of the operational problems Marriott has been facing, I can’t help but think:
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary