Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Gilbert at God Save The Points wrote a piece about how window seats are apparently much dirtier than aisle seats. I can definitely believe it, since airports and airplanes are filthy. Here’s some more info, as well as some ways to avoid exposure to those germs, bacteria, etc.
- I can’t even begin to tell you how important it is to watch the safety demo on a plane. So much so that some airlines make some really entertaining videos in an attempt to get you to watch. Well, Deborah of Expat Adventures reported about a Japanese airline that’s doing it a different way – with scare tactics.
- Silvercar has a new loyalty program, as per Mike at CoWorkaholic. Just one more reason to love Silvercar. It’s pretty much our favorite car rental company – but here’s why we never use them.
- Michael at Inside The Magic gave a rundown of the merchandise Universal Orlando has for Halloween Horror Nights and there’s some very cool stuff, especially if you’re a fan of Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, classic Monsters, etc. The merch is available online if you’re not able to go to HHN, but if you don’t go because you’re scared, these suggestions might help.
- Ben from One Miles At A Times reports that Saudi Arabia will begin issuing tourist visas later this month. I guess it’s visa/visa waiver season around the world, what with this country starting to require a visa or a visa waiver on October 1st, and these countries preparing to start their own program in early 2021.
- The Flight Detective asked a very interesting question: Do you tip the servers and bar staff in an airline lounge? I was surprised that it wasn’t included in my link for appropriate tipping around the world.
- Airbnb is offering experiences hosted by 2020 Guinness World Record holders. We’re not fans of Airbnb, for several reasons (like this, this and this) but it still sounds like a fun rental, to go along with these “different” rentals.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary