Hello travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we linked to posts that discussed a happy Southwest update, the “killer” Vegas visitors, a great ANA deal, a cool hotel concept, & more! Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we had links to articles discussing great news from Delta, the new look of buffets, the good, bad, ugly & new about mask use, & more. Click here to read all about it!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- Baby steps: Japan’s plan to let foreigners in
- How to not be a victim of the stupid trick people play at airports
- I’m not going to stay at the Wynn, even if it’s free. This one’s personal
- Florida may be distorting its COVID data. That’s unsafe for visitors
- Potential $4000 tax credit for U.S. travel
- It’ll be a long wait until South Africa reopens to tourism
- “Give Kids The World,” Disney area charity resort for sick kids, closing indefinitely
- U.S.-Canada border to remain closed through July 21, but there’s a loophole
- Delta ends Twitter, Facebook messaging for customer assistance
- Who broke Hawaiian quarantine? A cult that believes in nudity, polygamy, being smelly, and more
- All about U.S. based lifetime airline passes
- Cuba’s genius way to reopen tourism & still keep their people safe
- Small update re: JetBlue 2021 London expansion
- The first 100% non-smoking resort in Las Vegas
- The cool thing I didn’t know about stuff written in Japanglish
- No, 52% of tested MCO workers don’t have COVID-19
- The cute little Cuban stowaway
- Why do airlines change gates?
- People have spoken & the government listened. Yay free stuff!
- Maybe we need to bring back old ideas to keep public bathrooms safe
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary