Hey travel friends, it’s Saturday! Although if you’ve been smart and staying at home, it’s kind of hard to keep track. So for those who need to hear it – if you are reading this on the day it’s published, today is Saturday 😉
Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last week, we posted links about how to get a free hotel night (even without status), the best ways to contact airlines & credit card companies, what to do if you’re interested in a black card, and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- You know it’s bad in Orlando when these hotels lower their prices
- The simplest hack ever for a hotel air conditioner
- An MCO restaurant laid off some servers recently. How they did it was heartbreaking
- I’ve seen a LOT of hotel pools but this was the best one ever
- Airlines will pay passengers if they test positive for COVID-19 after flying with them
- Sirius XM makes it easier to get a lower price or cancel
- Chase backtracking on the Sapphire Reserve annual fee increase
- A modern day look at Walt Disney World’s abandoned Discovery Island
- We know better and still got caught by one of the most common tourist scams out there
- Can you catch coronavirus from food delivery?
- Citi makes the first move to capture stay-at-home spending
- Farewell Starbucks Starland – it was fun while it lasted
- Rare video of WDW’s “Disco Yeti,” when he actually moved
- The hotel rooms nightmares are made out of
- There’s only one way you can get a passport right now
- How to use iPhone’s Face ID while wearing a mask
- Buying travel equipment locally? Don’t go to these stores in parts of the U.S.
- Tourist attractions reopened in China last week. Here’s how it went
- JetBlue finally let me cancel my flight to New York
- Is cash going extinct?
- This is the one Twitter feed you should be reading
- This plane is parked at an airport but not for why you’d think
- When we can travel again, visit this bar. They deserve it
- BP & Amoco gas stations offer 50 cents off per gallon
- What legacy airlines are doing with plane/lounge food while not flying
- Why is DHS trying to look trendy?
- Farewell to the last parts of our NYC trip
#stayhealthy #stayathome #washyourhands
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary