Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
The articles we posted this week:
- Uber loses its license to operate in one of its biggest markets due to safety concerns
- Why are airplane seats blue?
- 20 ways you can spot an American tourist from a mile away
- I barely avoided making this mistake when booking an American flight
- The shower in our hotel was broken. Here’s what we got for that
- After the WeWork debacle, has Amex partnered with another Icarus in the form of AWAY luggage?
- Crazy ways that airlines have decreased weight on planes to help reduce fuel costs
- This is what happens if someone tries to open the airplane door during a flight
- If you stay at the TWA hotel, be careful not to do this
- How to make your phone charge faster when traveling
- “Adult” movies & kids in planes: should there be limits? Where/when/who should draw the line?
- When Disneyland was being built: rare color video, with narration of DL’s 1954-1955 construction
- How to tell if you’ll be asked to gate check your carry on bag
- Why you shouldn’t worry about transfer bonuses
- Why you should collect points and miles
- Is it worth it to book an advance purchase rate at a hotel?
- What to do when your credit card is rejected while traveling
- Should you buy cell phone insurance or get it from your credit card?
- The quandary behind my next credit card application
- How do airlines determine routes?
- First there were vacations, then there were staycations. But have you ever done one of these?
- All-immersive Star Wars hotel experience announced: Galactic Starcruiser scheduled to open at WDW in 2021
- Our visit to the oldest continuing operating aquarium in the United States
- Have you used your credit card travel credits? When do they reset?
- Dep’t of Home Security may soon require U.S. citizens to submit to facial recognition scanning when traveling, whether they like it or not
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary