Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about AMEX cracking down, more United problems, how airline CEOs are jerks, Target’s response to Prime Day, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about airlines that won’t let you take pictures or video, the airport lounge just for kids, the best way to contact your hotel, the Marriott CEO has no clue. does the good of this cruise line make up for the bad?, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- What it’s like to travel around the world on the Four Seasons private jet
- Where can we go with United miles when we won’t fly on United?
- Ever notice there are hardly any mosquitoes at WDW? Here’s why
- The worst hotels in the world, according to TripAdvisor
- What a great way to keep kids entertained on a plane!
- The five easy things I want in a hotel room
- Renting a car at MCO? Here’s a new way to save a ton on your car rental bill
- Dear Marriott CEO: resort fees aren’t similar to checked bag fees, they’re actually like this…
- An update on the Zika virus: is it still out there?
- This monster sign up bonus is back, and it caused a flashback to why I started this blog
- Credit card review: Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority
- Visiting NYC? Prepare for price hikes for taxis, Uber/Lyft, bridges, tunnels, AirTrain, PATH & more
- 21-year-old become the youngest person to visit every country in the world
- What do hotels do with their old, worn out and/or stained towels & sheets?
- Pro Tip #7 – spend your points already!
- Why do people fart more when they’re on a plane? And what can they do to prevent it?
- What’s a name worth, anyway? Apparently it’s worth 12 million dollars
- Why does WDW’s drinking water taste so bad? And is it really safe to drink?
- Southwest just gave a free Nintendo Switch to every passenger on this flight
- What should I do with my Citi ThankYou points?
- Being perfect doesn’t feel as good as I thought it would
- Chase Sapphire Reserve premium rental car benefits
- Gaylord Palms announces The Polar Express as theme for ICE! 2019 season
- They fixed a plane with duct tape? Why is this OK???
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary