Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the what not to watch on a plane, China’s doing WHAT, an off/important thing to do when you board, BAD airport food, why travelers willingly kiss a fish, Twitter blew up with travel funny, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about the newest tourist scam, another reason why Southwest rocks, why I want to visit this airport & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Holy crap, travel constipation is a thing! Here’s what to do about it
- What to do when your flight is delayed by the weather
- How to understand airline seat class names
- How I spread out our credit card spending for the first half of 2019
- Please don’t break the ten unwritten rules of flying!
- Study: liberals and conservatives travel & vacation differently
- Credit card review: Marriott Bonvoy American Express card
- How to get the best boarding position on Southwest. Hint: it’s not early bird
- Disney’s Country Bear Jamboree: the seasonal versions you never see anymore. History, GREAT videos, & more!
- Are all program changes negative? Maybe not
- Worried about eating from a NYC food cart? Don’t be. The Dep’t of Health is grading them, the same as restaurants
- What’s the real reason why some hotels don’t have a 13th floor?
- The Uber app has a new update in the U.K. – let’s hope it doesn’t come here!
- Citi cuts sign up bonus on Rewards + card by 25%
- Yes, I know about the turtles. But THIS is why we all need to have plastic straws when we travel
- Where can you stay near Universal Orlando with points?
- There are no mirrors in WDW’s and DL’s parks’ restrooms. What’s up with that?
- We know you love your Jeep but should you get the Jeep Mastercard?
- The crazy things you can buy in airport vending machines
- If what happened during air travel was the same in real life, here’s how awful it would be
- My fascinating visit to the National Archives in Washington D.C.
- Cruise lines were graded on how they affected the environment. Overall, it didn’t go well
- If you see this, you know your concierge will be the best of the best
- I wanted a reliable airline so I booked with Frontier instead of American
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary