Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about the most punctual airport, another mandatory hotel fee, what a new airport ridesharing program is like, the plane no airline can fly, Virgin’s 2nd upcoming cruise ship & more!. Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- Social media outlets warn, “Stop printing out your boarding pass.” This is what they really mean
- The airport restaurant designed by Walt Disney Imagineering
- Why are hotel sheets & towels white?
- I barely avoided making this mistake when booking an American flight
- 20 ways you can spot an American tourist from a mile away
- Barack Obama: former U.S. President & fan of Hampton Inn? Apparently so!
- How to find a cheap rental car
- What you should NOT do to get upgrades on flights
- Three ways to save big on Amazon’s Black Friday sales
- The unofficial rules of sitting in the middle seat on a plane
- How my packing list had changed in 15 years
- The real truth about flying first class
- The unusual evolution of Space Mountain
- Why do banks make things so hard? Part 3
- How to find the airlines’ promo codes for airfare discounts
- What should I order? I’ve never booked a meal on a plane before
- What to do if you forget your medications while traveling
- List of 200+ hotels in New York City that don’t charge resort fees
- What credit cards provide trip delay insurance
- International travel over Thanksgiving? Here are some non-Americans’ funny & fascinating thoughts about Thanksgiving dinner
- I think you could use these hotel toiletries for Thanksgiving dinner
- What batteries are allowed on a plane?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary