Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Universal Orlando plans to have a huge reveal about “Something EPIC” that’s coming up, complete with a mystery logo, and they will announce it on August 1st. Michael from Inside The Magic speculated on what it possibly could be, and came up with some very exciting possibilities.
- A while back we posted about a plane that had to make an emergency landing because a woman unlocked her sleeping husband’s cell phone by using his thumbprint on its scanner, and discovering he was having an affair. And her reaction was, apparently, beyond belief. That’s the story that came to mind when I read this one, from C Boarding Group, about the woman who smashed her husband in the head with her laptop because he looked at another woman.
- Joe managed to get us a reservation at the Waldorf=Astoria in NYC just a couple of weeks before it closed for extensive renovations (that have been extended and extended, BTW). We took LOTS of pictures and wrote our review of our stay. Anyway, when I found this website that had photos of the ORIGINAL Waldorf and Astoria hotels (they used to be 2 separate places – LONG story…it’s all in the post), and MG, so I wish I could have seen THOSE in person!
- Lots of people steal stuff from hotels. Hoteliers know it and that’s why virtually everything is glued down or otherwise attached. So it was interesting to read this post from View From The Wing, that includes what’s OK and what’s not OK to take from hotels. It also reminded me of our post, where we wrote about the Roosevelt New Orleans giving away a week in their Presidential Suite to someone who returns anything stolen from the 125-year-old hotel.
- Traveling For Miles reported that United is now going to offer discounted CLEAR membership to its Global Services and Premier® 1K® members, Premier Platinum, Gold and Silver members, and most United credit card members. Meanwhile, Joe and I are like, “Yeah, even with a discount, Clear just isn’t worth it to us.”
- Joe has said time and time again that airlines will never get in-seat entertainment right. But apparently, as per Wandering Aramean, Delta’s going introduce original Hulu content. We’ll see how this goes…
- Finally, the New York Times reported that IHG is going to announce replacing “bathroom miniatures” with bulk supplies across all 17 of its brands. It doesn’t affect me a whole lot; I always bring my own soap, shampoo and conditioner, anyway (Joe’s a “cake of soap” guy – I guess he’ll have to get used to liquid or start bringing his own, too). Of course, the positive effect it should have on the environment will be welcome. I do feel bad for this non-profit group, though – I’m sure so many hotels switching over to bulk materials will have a long term effect on their mission.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary