Happy Sunday, y’all! I hope you had a good weekend. Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may enjoy.
- Jon from No Mas Coach provides instructions on how to do something I always forget to do, placing a hold on mail delivery while we’re out of town.
- Lucky from One Mile at a Time just found a great use for his Hilton points. His story points out two important things to remember – points are a great way to protect yourself from hyper inflated hotel rates, and always check if the room rate changes during your stay since it might be a better deal to pay for some nights with points and other nights for cash.
- I shared an article a few weeks ago about the AMEX Centurion lounge in Dallas airport closing for renovations. The damage must have been really bad because Gary from View from the Wing tells that AMEX announced the lounge will not be reopening. Instead, their announced but much delayed lounge will be opening in its place this October.
- Stephen from Frequent Miler shared an AMEX offer where if you spend $200 with Alamo, Enterprise or National, you get a $20 credit. While this 10% discount sounds good, I’d rather use a card that gives me primary Collision Damage Waiver protection like the Sapphire Reserve or Preferred or the United MileagePlus card.
- Disney Parks Blog has been giving a tour, via social media, of its newly (re)opened/redesigned/reimagined Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure. This week they’re showcasing Toy Story Boardwalk and it looks like a whole lot of fun.
- Doctor of Credit gives information about a offer from Citi where if you register your card, they’ll donate $1 to No Kid Hungry every time you use the card to charge $5 or more when eating out (up to $2 million). Now that’s a small number when it comes to a company like Citibank but if you’re going to use your Citi card anyway, might as well get them to make a donation to a good cause from your purchase.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary