For the vast majority of people in the world, if you want to fly, you look for the best prices for the best flights that work for you. We’ve written about several ways to find cheap airfare, as well as some tips about how to be cheap and frugal when you travel (but still be smart about it).
Of course, if you play the points and miles game, the cost of flights don’t matter as much as collecting enough miles so you can fly for free.
And if you were one of the lucky few to be able to buy one of these, you’d also never have to worry about paying for a flight again.
But there are some people who don’t worry about how much flights cost because they either have so much money that flight costs are insignificant to them, or they’re in a position where they don’t have to pay for their flights.
Stratos Jet Charters offers private jet charters. Their planes are perfect for those who want to fly in style, privately, without worrying about the public seeing them. They offer the best quality jets, amazing catering, along with a flight that goes on their clients’ preferences of times.
Using publicly available data and their own pricing tools, Stratos Jet Charters created a list of the 20 celebrities and world leaders who spend the most each year on private air travel. The amounts they (or their respective countries) potentially pay are pretty staggering. Take a look:
20. Kim Kardashian – $730,000, Mid-size jet
19. David Beckham – $870,000, Bombardier Challenger 350 (Owned)
18. Oprah Winfrey – $950,000, Bombardier Global Express XRS (Owned)
17. Tom Cruise – $950,000, Gulfstream IV-SP (Owned)
16. Celine Dion – $970,000, Bombardier BD 700 Global Express (Owned)
15. Taylor Swift – $985,000, Falcon 900 (Owned)
14. Jim Carrey – $1,050,000, Gulfstream V (Owned)
13. Prince Albert II of Monaco – $1,140,000, Dassault Falcon 7X
12. Mark Cuban – $1,250,000, Boeing 767 (Owned)
11. Beyonce and Jay Z – $1,385,000, Challenger 850 Learjet (Owned)
10. Kylie Jenner – $1,450,000, Bombardier Global 7500 (Owned)
9. John Travolta – $2,250,000, Boeing 707 (Owned)
8. Boris Johnson – $2,700,000, Airbus A330
7. Roman Abramovich – $3,580,000, Boeing 767-33AER (Owned)
6. Prince Al-Waleed of Saudi Arabia – $3,860,000, Boeing 747-400
5. Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah, $4,260,000, Airbus A340-212
4. President of Kazakhstan, Kassym-Jomart Tokayev – $4,460,000, Airbus A330-243 Prestige
3. Angela Merkel – $4,600,000, Airbus A340-313X VIP
2. Vladimir Putin – $5,300,000, IL-96-300PU
1. Donald Trump – $9,250,000, Air Force One (Boeing 747-200B)
Stratos Jet Charters has some more information about the statistics that culled, including the value of some of the above aircraft, what can be found inside them, whose plane costs might actually be doubled what’s listed, who’s getting a new plane soon, and more. Click here to check it out.
H/T: Stratos Jet Charters
Feature Photo: Pixabay
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 15,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary