Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- It’s been a hard six months for people who like to go on vacation. It turns out there’s a reason behind the way you’re feeling. While many of us have found other ways to scratch that travel itch, that’s not possible for the many people who love to go on cruises. There are many reason why cruises haven’t resumed, but that doesn’t make it any easier to hear that Disney Cruise Line has suspended cruises until December at the earliest. Is it a matter of time until other cruise lines follow suit?
- Another week and another example of how Euronet ATMs are one of the biggest travel scams out there. This time it’s the ridiculous exchange rates they charge at the Rome Airport.
- It used to be that if you wanted to get a retention offer on your credit card, you had to call the bank. Sharon received such an offer when she called to cancel her Delta Gold American Express card. There have been reports that not only can you now cancel your AMEX card via the online chat function but they’re also offering retention offers during the chat. This would have come in handy during our year of retention offers.
- For those who take the train from the airport to London, there are several choices. For a while, we thought we were limited to the Gatwick or Heathrow Express trains. That’s until we realized they might not be the cheapest or quickest way to get to our hotel. If you’re going to be taking a train on the Southern or Great Northern line to/from London, you’ll soon see some improvement in your ride, as the trains will be getting some well-deserved updates.
- American Express has put out some good AMEX Offers recently. One that caught my eye was for a one-time $10 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $25 or more at participating Shell stations in the US using the Shell App by 12/13/2020. Since I already save 5 cents a gallon on Shell gas with my Fuel Rewards membership, this would be a good opportunity to stack offers. Unfortunately, we weren’t targeted on any of our AMEX accounts. If you’re able to take advantage of this offer, make sure to read the fine print because you have to pay with your AMEX card through the Shell App at a participating gas station.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 15,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary