Home Travel The First Place Most Americans Plan To Travel To After COVID-19

The First Place Most Americans Plan To Travel To After COVID-19

by SharonKurheg

Although it’s only been a little over 2 months since the WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic, it feels like forever. It seems like everyone who travels regularly is itching to go back out there for their next adventure.

A travel research company surveyed a random sampling of 1000 adults aged 18 and over and asked them about their travel plans once it’s appropriate to travel again. Their responses were very interesting…

The first trip for over half of us (52%) will be to reunite with family and friends. Of those, 76% of respondents said they would travel by car, and 24% said they’d fly there.

Of those who said they’d prefer to travel by car, 52% said they would keep that first travel relatively close to home – within 200 miles or so. The other 48% would be willing to go further out.

Of all respondents, a whopping 86% said their first trip would be a U.S. domestic destination once it’s appropriate to travel again. 4% said they’d be ready, willing and able to make that first trip an international one. 2% said they’d opt to keep their travel super local with a staycation. 8% of respondents said they didn’t plan to travel at all within the next 6 months.

Roughly 70% of their respondents said they have travel planned within the next few months. But 55% said that coronavirus will greatly impact their travel in the next 6 months.

22% said that the economy will greatly impact their travel plans in the next six months.

So despite a pandemic going on, people are still dreaming of travel. Their most important “first” destination is to see family and friends and more people are planning to keep their travels relatively nearby and by car rather than plane. Domestic locations will be, by far, the destinations of choice when we’re more willing to venture out. However, how this whole #coronacrapola goes, as well as the state of the economy, will have an impact on some travelers.

#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands

Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 13,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!

This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary

Leave a Reply

Stay Updated

* indicates required




Want to keep up to date with our latest posts?

* indicates required




BoardingArea
%d bloggers like this: