Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about could this finally be the fastest way to load a plane?, another flight infected with measles, classic Marriott hotel sold, no tourist attraction is worth that much, wireless headphone plane hack, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about new ways to pay less for flights, how to totally confuse airline passengers, some NASTY looking hotels, bulk toiletries are a gross disaster, where not to talk selfies, how to donate miles, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- The people have spoken & for once, Disney parks have listened (yay, free stuff!)
- Who don’t planes fly over the Pacific Ocean?
- This card offers the best cash back categories if you shop at Costco
- How I realized Marriott Bonvoy killed the value of their co-brand credit cards
- 75 of the funniest announcements made by airline employees
- And the award for the country with the worst behaved tourists goes to…
- Airbnb’s problems are so bad that the FBI is getting involved
- How to make it more difficult for airlines to force you to gate check your carry on bag
- Credit card review: United Explorer card (MileagePlus)
- If Auckland Airport can do this, why can’t our airports do it, too?
- Why do airports put Bibles in their rooms and why is that changing?
- Resort fees: an easy way to find out how much your hotel charges
- Marriott Bonvoy just wants to make sure you’re really loyal, with their current promotion
- Stop falling in love with travel credit cards!
- Aftermath of Delta playing in-flight movies with the same-sex love scenes cut out (a.k.a. the rest of the story)
- My first fraud case using Lyft – are they any easier to deal with than UBER?
- The things you do when you’re into travel and your partner…isn’t
- How do you renew an expired passport? It depends
- There’s value in Qantas’ frequent flyer program, once you know where to look
- The most exciting yet most anxiety provoking causing stage of booking travel
- Starbucks is sending a targeted offer to members who don’t know what their stars are worth
- What’s your favorite hotel in San Francisco?
- TSA Pre-Check is great but don’t use your points to pay for it
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary