Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- With Halloween in full force at Disney parks and about to start in a few days at Universal parks (are you afraid of Halloween Horror Nights? This post might help) Michael from Inside The Magic wrote a very interesting post about Disney inspired Halloween locations. I guess you can add this to our list of real-life places that inspired a bunch of Disney’s animated features, and, of course, all the places we’ve been to where they filmed scenes for the Harry Potter movies ;-).
- I read this post on View From The Wing about a homeshare owner in Paris who was a no show, leaving the renter to find somewhere else to stay. I’ve made it clear that I am not a fan of Airbnb (would you be, when things like this happen?)
- Recently, Joe wrote about how Southwest is ending all flights to Newark. According to The Wandering Aramean, it didn’t take Frontier long to grab some of those empty gates.
- Family Fly Free wrote 5 reasons why American Airlines is the worst U.S. airline. Well, I have to agree to some extent because of what they tried to pull with me and my carry on bag. And when it happened a second time. But we’re still on Team Hate THIS Airline The Most And Won’t Fly On Them Under Any Circumstances.
- C Boarding Group posted the answer to, “Can you bring deodorant on a plane?” Fortunately, the TSA has us covered for those kinds of questions, with their MyTSA app. It’s been around for close to 9 years, but in the past year or so it’s become really helpful with questions like, “Can I bring THIS onto a plane?” and how long the waits are at the TSA checkpoints.
- How sad is it that the meal on the plane is one of the highlights of flying? Anyway, Live And Let’s Fly wrote a really cool post about how airlines keep food tasty in flight, since your taste buds are sort of messed up while up there. And if you ever want to know what your meal is going to be ahead of time, this website might be able to tell you. Oh, and if you want to know how your plane’s food has been rated, check this out.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually about 3 or 4 times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary