Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- As technology improves, it’s slowly getting easier to get through the TSA checkpoint. Last year they did testing to consider allowing non-flyers to go to the airport gates again, and we’ve posted about our first experience using CLEAR. Now Matthew from Live And Lets Fly as reported how airports are now experimenting with computed tomography technology at the TSA checkpoint, pretty soon even people in the regular queue may not have to take their computer and liquids out of their bags.
- You’re seeing more and hotels hop on the “resort fee” wagon – we’ve written about what they are, why hotels charge them and how to potentially not be charged. But Brian from The Gate has reported what could be an even easier way to reclaim that resort fee money.
- We reported a while back how American Airlines now gives free beer and wine to their Main Cabin passengers who take their shuttle originating from BOS, ORD, LGA and DCA. Gary from A View From The Wing has now written about how to get free and discounted drinks on Southwest.
- Partially because it was designed by Disney Imagineers, I cherish our memories and photos of when we ate at the restaurant at LAX’s Theme Building. Now with the TWA Hotel up and running, people are looking to see how the Theme Building could be similarly reimagined.
- We have stayed at hotels with some really cool pools before, but DDG from Miles to Memories reports of the 55-story building in London that will have a rooftop infinity pool in London with 360-degree views of the city.
- You don’t hear many good things about LaGuardia Airport. In fact, look how low it was in J.D. Power’s ranking last year. So when Chris from Point Me To The Plane wrote about the cool thing that’s happening at LaGuardia this summer, my eyes perked up.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.