Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Ben (Lucky) from One Mile at a Time wrote about why he feels Delta is the best domestic airline. It’s not a single, big thing they’re better at but a combination of doing so many of the little things better than everyone else. I agree with his assessment, which is why Delta is #2 on our list of best U.S. airlines.
- Nick from Frequent Miler wrote about his stay at what he calls the “Nicest category 4 Marriott property in the world.” After seeing his pictures of the hotel, I’d tend to agree with him.
- Mark from Miles to Memories asks the question, do you still print out a boarding pass. For us, the answer is yes, but only because Sharon makes me. She’s also the one who still buys CD’s to listen to music. (Note from Sharon: And what of it???)
- Gary from View from the Wing shares information about how American Airlines will protect you during delays even if you are flying on different tickets, as long as both tickets are on American or you are connecting to or from a One World partner airline. If you don’t know, protecting means if your first flight is delayed to the point where you might, or definitely will, miss your connecting flight, they will save a space for you on the next available flight but will not give away your original seat just in case you do make it on time for the flight. Now, this is another reason, besides being able to interline baggage, that if you need to pay for a ticket to connect to another flight, there are advantages with booking both flights with the same airline or at least within the same alliance.
- Danny the Deal Guru shared information about the upcoming TWA Hotel at JFK Airport. Besides being located in and around the iconic TWA terminal building and having a cocktail bar in an old TWA plane, the hotel will also have a rooftop pool with runway views. Don’t worry if you’re staying in winter, the pool will be heated for the colder months to become one large “poolcuzzi”.
- For people who don’t have Global Entry, an alternate method of getting through U.S. Border Protection faster was to use the Mobile Passport app, which is good for use at 25 airports nationwide. Stefan from Rapid Travel Chai shared that the Mobile Passport app has started charging a fee to use some of the more useful functions, You can still use a free version which now will feature ads and require you to enter your passport information every time (previously you could store your information in the app).
- John from Loyalty Lobby was so excited to check out the new Jewel shopping complex at Singapore’s Changi Airport, that he didn’t check to see the rules about going there. Even though Jewel is at the airport, it’s not in the airport which is a big difference if you’re not planning on entering Singapore on your layover.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary