The first time I ever went to a character meal at a Disney park was Walt Disney World, in February 1979. At the time, WDW had 1 park, 3 hotels (Golf Resort anyone? Beuller? Beuller?), a shopping area and a campground. That’s it. Oh, and a golf course or two (but I didn’t play golf, so…) Anyway, I know we went to Minnie’s Menehune Breakfast at the Polynesian Resort Hotel during that trip but still and all, character dining options were pretty limited. Although I didn’t make it to Disneyland until the mid-1990s, I know the same story hold true; it was years before there was a variety of character meals to choose from.
Times have changed since then and there are nearly 20 character dining options at WDW alone, to the point that if you have a particular character you want to have breakfast with, you practically can (*cough* especially if you want to eat with princesses or one or more of the Fab Five *cough*).
Here are the current character meals available at Disneyland (California), Walt Disney World (Florida) and Aulani Resort (Hawaii). Please note that although there are other meals that have characters at times (i.e. “Be Our Guest”), Disney does not include them as “character meals” on their websites, therefore neither have we on this page ;-). Remember that all character appearances are subject to change.
(List updated 02/22/19)
Theme Park Character Dining
- Minnie & Friends – Breakfast in the Park (The Plaza Inn, Disneyland: Breakfast Buffet) – Minnie Mouse & Friends
Resort Hotel Character Dining
- Disney Princess Breakfast Adventures (Napa Rose, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel and Spa) – Favorite Disney Princesses (experience begins March 30, 2019)
- Donald Duck’s Seaside Breakfast (Disney’s PCH Grill, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel: Breakfast Buffet) – Donald Duck & Friends
- Good Morning Giggles (Goofy’s Kitchen, Disneyland Hotel, Breakfast Buffet) – Goofy & Friends
- Disney Dinnertime Magic (Goofy’s Kitchen, Disneyland Hotel, Breakfast Buffet) – Mickey Mouse & Friends
- Mickey’s Tales of Adventure Breakfast Buffet (Storytellers Cafe, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Brunch Buffet) – Mickey Mouse & Friends
- Storytellers Weekend Character Brunch Buffet (Storytellers Cafe, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, Brunch Buffet) – Mickey Mouse & Friends (Fridays through Sundays. Brunch also available on select Mondays and holidays)
Walt Disney World
Inside the Theme Parks
- Fairytale Dining at Cinderella’s Royal Table (Cinderella Castle, Magic Kingdom: Full Service Dinner) – Cinderella, variety of Disney Princesses
- A Buffet With Character (The Crystal Palace, Magic Kingdom: Breakfast Buffet) – Winnie the Pooh & Friends
- Chip ‘n Dale’s Harvest Feast (Garden Grill Restaurant, Epcot, The Land Pavilion: Full Service Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) – Chip ‘n Dale & Friends
- Princess Storybook Dining (Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Epcot, World Showcase, Norway Pavilion: Buffet Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) – Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, Princess Aurora, Ariel
- Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine (Hollywood & Vine,Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Buffet Breakfast & Lunch) – Stars from Disney Junior
- Minnie’s Seasonal Dining (Hollywood & Vine, Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Lunch & Dinner) – Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, Daisy Duck, Donald Duck, Goofy (Current advertising Springtime Dine 3/12/18 – 6/3/18 and Summertime Dine 6/4/18 – 9/2/18)
- Tusker House Restaurant (Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Buffet) – Safari Donald Duck & Friends
Resort Hotel Character Dining
- Supercalifragilistic Breakfast (1900 Park Fare, Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Breakfast Buffet) – Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, The Mad Hatter, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh
- Wonderland Tea Party (1900 Park Fare, Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Hotel: Tea) – Disney Characters from Wonderland (event is specifically for kids age 4 to 12)
- Cinderella’s Happily Ever After Dinner (1900 Park Fare, Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Dinner Buffet) – Cinderella & Prince Charming
- Disney’s Perfectly Princess Tea (Garden View Tea Room: Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Tea) – Rose Petal, Princess Aurora (event, which includes regal gifts for young guests, is specifically for kids age 3 to 9 and their adult guest)
- Chef Mickey’s Fun Time Buffet (Chef Mickey’s, Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Contemporary Resort: Breakfast Buffet) – Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Donald Duck, Goofy
- Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch (‘Ohana, Magic Kingdom Resort Area, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort: Family Style Breakfast) – Lilo & Stitch
- Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast (Cape May Café, Epcot Resort Area, Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Breakfast) – Minnie Mouse & Friends
- Disney Character Dining (Garden Grove, Epcot Resort Area, Walt Disney World Swan: all dinners, and Good Morning Character Breakfast events on Saturdays and Sundays) – a duo of Disney characters
- Good Morning Breakfast (Ravello, Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World, table service breakfast) – Goofy & His Pals
- Bon Voyage Adventure Breakfast (Trattoria al Forno, Epcot Resort Area, Disney’s Boardwalk: table service breakfast) – Ariel, Prince Eric, Rapunzel, Flynn Rider
- Disney Character Breakfast (Disney Springs, Lakeview Restaurant, Wyndham Lake Buena Vista, breakfast on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) – No character names listed, Goofy and Pluto pictured
- Disney Character Breakfast (Disney Springs, Covington Mills, Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, breakfast on Sundays) – No character names listed, Minnie Mouse pictured.
- Disney Character Breakfast (Makahiki, Aulani Resort: Breakfast Buffet) – “Mickey Mouse and some of your other favorite Disney characters”
- Menehune Mischief Character Dining (Makahiki, Aulani Resort: Dubber Buffet) – “Join Aulani Resort’s beloved “Uncle” and some favorite Disney Characters for a musical, story-filled Character Dining experience for the whole family!”
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary