Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- I’m starting this week with an article from Lucky (Ben) at One Mile At A Time that I feel could have been written by me. It tells why he bought IHG points for an upcoming hotel reservation. While buying points isn’t always a good idea, doing so can often save a ton of money. I’ve purchased IHG points before and I can say when doing so, you need to evaluate the savings as Your Mileage May Vary.
- Meghan from Million Mile Secrets earned an easy 10,000 Membership Rewards points from American Express by calling when her card was up for renewal. Calling for retention offers can be annoying but it’s an easy way to get extra points if the bank gives you a good offer.
- Since we’re going on a spontaneous trip to London, I was interested in Ric’s post on Loyalty Traveler about his visit to Windsor Castle. It’s been quite a while since we visited Windsor and we’re considering making a trip back.
- We reported last summer that one of the Magic of Disney stores at MCO was closing to make way for larger TSA checkpoint. The checkpoint construction is continuing, but the new Magic of Disney store recently reopened and Bailee from Inside The Magic was there to get some photos and give a report of her visit.
- Since one of our friends took advantage of this offer last year, I wanted to share the return of Southwest Airlines status match to A-List status if you have status with another airline. We don’t fly enough to qualify but hopefully someone else will be able to use this offer.
- Ed from Pizza in Motion wrote a “Devils Advocate” post about “Why Most Of What You’ve Heard About Business And First Class Is Rubbish”. I always find posts about why the typical posts are wrong to be interesting, even if I don’t agree with them. I’ll leave it to you to decide if you agree with Ed or not.
- It’s a surprise to many of us, but as per Amanda at Theme Park Tourist, it looks as if Universal Orlando Resort may be gaining a Jurassic Park roller coaster at their Islands of Adventure park. Well, that certainly wouldn’t suck!
- Lastly, here’s a post from Seth on Wandering Aramean about why you should go to see a rocket launch. Since we live in Orlando and are only 90 minutes from Cape Canaveral, there’s really no excuse why we’ve never seen one up close. Well, except for the fact that we can go out to our backyard and see the launches from our house. I’d imagine seeing one up close would be awesome and I’d really like to do that one day.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary