Happy Sunday, everyone!
To start this week’s articles, I’d like to share a post about the late U.S. Senator John McCain. There are many stories being shared about him and and so many people are talking about his legacy, so it was easy to find this one about him and his travels. Here’s the reason why he didn’t fly the non-stop flight from Phoenix to Washington D.C. for many years after it was authorized.
Now onto the usual articles – stuff we’ve read this week that we think you may like.
- Sharon and I love Costa Coffee but usually end up at Starbucks most of the time. Sharon says it’s something about not being able to tell the baristas at Costa how she likes her coffee. I wonder if that will change now that Coca-Cola is buying Costa Coffee.
- When applying for a passport or passport renewal, Jason from Million Mile Secrets shares a hint to help you save $110 and to make sure your passport lasts for 10 years.
- Miles to Memories lets us know about additional features to Google Flights that shows if the price for travel over holidays is low, average or high based on historical trends. This could help if you’re looking to fly home for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- Halloween Horror Nights is about to begin at Universal Orlando Resort and Michael from Inside the Magic has shared this “HHN Survival Guide.” It’s actually from last year, but the information still holds true 100%.
- Meanwhile, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party has already begun at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and Laughing Place has a “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party Guide” to help you get the most of your evening at the event.
- Ed from Pizza in Motion gives a detailed reasoning for why he and people like him are partially responsible for the decline of service culture in the airline industry. It’s a different take than I had when I explored the topic but I feel that both of us are correct about why flying isn’t what it used to be.
- Here’s one to file in the “You don’t see that everyday” category. Earlier this week, a bear visited the lobby of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Now, my dad’s also visited the famed hotel which was the inspiration for the hotel in The Shining.
Fortunately neither the bear or my father ended up visiting room 237.
- Stefan from Rapid Travel Chai writes a thought provoking article about American Express and their Reward Abuse Team (RAT for short). This is the department created to crack down on abuse taking place within the AMEX rewards programs. With the new policy of retroactively charging accounts for bonuses which were allowed by the website, has the RAT team gotten out of control needing to constantly prove the need for their own existence?
- Finally, The Short Final writes a post for all of those of you who are visiting Colorado and are looking forward to 4:20. What’s the law when it comes to flying with legally purchased marijuana?
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary