Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
NOTE: This is not an advertisement and we were not compensated for this post — we purchased this item on our own volition and wanted to write about it.
A while back, I wrote this post, which detailed why your hotel safe might not be as safe as you’d like to think. It included YouTube videos of how to easily open a variety of locked hotel safes, as well as some viable alternatives to hotel safes. Full disclosure: it was totally a “do as I say, not as I do” post, because although I brought my laptop with me during all of my travel, I was still putting it in the hotel safe (or worse, in the bottom of my suitcase, under the clothes, because nobody would EVER look there, right? #rolleyes). I know, I know…bad Sharon! So I decided to put my money where my mouth was and bought a PacSafe brand Travelsafe 12L GII portable safe a while back. Here’s my review of it.
After all that planning, you’re finally on that trip of your dreams, far away from your home country. Your keep your passport handy during your actual travels because you’ll need it for Customs and other travel-related things. But now you’re getting ready to go out and about as a tourist and you pause for a second…should you bring your passport with you? Or should you leave it somewhere secure in the room?
I was looking at a scratch off world map the other day and in comparing different styles and prices, seemed to go down the rabbit hole in Alice in Wonderland as I started looking at all the stuff that’s out there for travelers. Some have been out for forever, some seem to be pretty new. Most (not all) are REALLY cool. Here are some of my favorites:
Hi y’all and if you’re reading this in the United States, happy Labor Day weekend! Here’s a quick recap of our posts from the past week:
Joe wrote about:
- What each of the major rental car companies offer when you sign up for their respective programs.
- National Car Rental’s “One Two Free” promotion.
- The upcoming hotel promotions for this winter season and why it’s a good idea to sign up for their respective programs ahead of time.
- Our experience of flying Delta Basic Economy.
- His review of the American Express Platinum card and if he thought it was worth our renewing.
Sharon wrote about:
- Her review of the PacSafe portable safe.
- Two contests where you could win a free Disney Cruise (they’re legit contests – not hoaxes!)
- How to not be THAT guy/gal/airline/airport.
- A #TBT look back at their last day at Tokyo Disney Sea in April, 2005.
- The controversy of taking kids out of school to go on family vacations.
- Silvercar’s arrival in Orlando, plus a Silvercar sweepstakes!
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!