Jet2.com Limited, sometimes known as simply Jet2 or Jet2.com, is a British low-cost airline. One of their planes, that was flying from Belfast to Ibiza, recently had to make an unscheduled stop in Toulouse, France after a male passenger, who had brought a blow up sex doll on board, began participating in what was described as “disruptive” and “aggressive” behavior.
And here it is, Sunday again. Hope y’all have had a good week! Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may enjoy.
- Nick at Frequent Miler wrote about a new search function on one of my favorite websites, Google Flights. You’re now able to search for airfares that allow you to put a carry on bag in the overhead bin. So it’ll eliminate basic economy fares that don’t allow bin access and add the bag charge to flights that charge extra for the privilege (like Spirit and Frontier).
- Caroline from Frugal Travel Guy wrote about the best places to stay in Cuba on points and miles. The hotels available for points redemption are slim if you are an American who can even visit under the current travel restrictions. Personally, I’d strongly suggest staying at a casa particular instead of a chain resort. You can go to any island in the Caribbean and stay at a resort. If you’re going to Cuba, spend some time with the people. You’ll never forget it.
- Have you ever been on a flight where the person sitting near you is eating something that has a strong smell?. You know, something fishy, spicy or just nasty smelling? Well, what if you’re inadvertently that person? Road Warriorette was in that position and you can read about how she handled it.
- Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure is now officially open and Attractions Magazine has given us a front car view of the re-imagineed Incredibles Incredicoaster.
- Not to be outdone by is sister park on the west coast, Walt Disney World is preparing for the June 30th grand opening of Toy Story Land at Disney Hollywood Studios. WDW News Today shared some photos and video of the new land at nighttime.
- Gary from View from the Wing wrote about how Delta may be looking at Austin, TX as their next focus city. Flights to Austin are getting really expensive so more competition in the market will be welcome. All the easier for us to fly there for some water park action and Texas BBQ.
- As a Starbucks junkie, I rack up a fair amount of stars in the Starbucks Rewards program (but I’m not tempted to get their credit card). Lucky at One Mile At A Time wrote about how you’ll finally be able to redeem those stars for free items at many new locations, including airports.
- Doctor of Credit wrote about how a Google Express offer for free shipping has been extended until the end of June. This can combine with an AMEX offer which makes it more valuable. I stocked up on some Tide detergent and Kleenex and saved $20 off a $60 order. If you’ve never used Google Express, you can sign up with our code and save an additional $10 off your first order.
- Jon from No Mas Coach wrote about a recent stay at the Jackson Lake Lodge. I’m a huge fan of National Park lodges. It was nice to see another one I can add to the list of ones I want to visit.
- In case you haven’t seen it yet, I’d recommend watching the 20 minute video of Paul McCartney going around Liverpool with James Corden. We visited many of the same sites on our Beatles Fab Four Taxi Tour, when we spent the day touring the town with some of our UK friends. I’d strongly suggest visiting the town if you get the chance and the Taxi Tour is a wonderful way to get to see all the Beatles sights.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Heads up y’all…the video in this post is NSFW. Just telling you now.
So apparently there was a flight on Silver Airways and a woman’s parents had the next-to-last row on the plane. I guess they heard or felt something behind them? So they used their phone in selfie mode to videotape what was going on. The got the footage and sent it to their daughter, who tweeted this…
With how everyone and everything is jam packed into planes nowadays, it’s almost a given that sometimes you’re going to be told your carry-on bad is too big, won’t fit, there’s no room for it, etc. Heaven knows it has happened to me…
Click here to read about when the gate agent said my bag was too big and I fought her on it (and won!).
Click here for the story of when they told me there was no room for my carry-on bag, so I checked it and they wound up breaking something in the bag.
And then you’ve got the airlines who charge you for nearly every bag you want to bring, regardless if it’s checked or a carry-on. When you get into a situation like that, if you ask me, this woman has it ALL figured out…
Many people could be considered “the worst passenger ever.” We even covered a bunch of them (maybe not all “the worst” but definitely annoying!) in this post ;). But when the editor of an award-winning TV show decides to live Tweet about the plane passenger from hell, you know you’re in for a treat. Here’s what happened…