Owe Taxes? You Could Lose Your Passport Because Of It

The State Department enacted a new rule regarding tax debt in 2015 but it didn’t become fully implemented and enforced until earlier this year – JUST in time for the 2018 tax season.

Continue reading “Owe Taxes? You Could Lose Your Passport Because Of It”


The Best Card for Cash Back, Passport Prices Are Going Up & More!

Happy Saturday, y’all! Here’s a quick recap of the posts we wrote this week:

This week Joe wrote about:

And Sharon wrote about:

Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!

Travel Alert: Fee For U.S. Passbook Book Or Card Is Increasing On April 2nd

Heads up, travelers – if you’re planning to get a United States-issued passport book or card, now might be the best time to do it because on April 2, the price is going up.

Continue reading “Travel Alert: Fee For U.S. Passbook Book Or Card Is Increasing On April 2nd”

Is Your Driver’s License Valid ID To Get On A Plane? Maybe Not.

Showing your driver’s license has been acceptable proof of identification to board a plane for as long as IDs have been required. Up until now, that is. If you’ve traveled recently, you may have noticed a sign at the TSA checkpoint informing you of upcoming changes.
Continue reading “Is Your Driver’s License Valid ID To Get On A Plane? Maybe Not.”

Should You Get a U.S. Passport Card?

You know what documents you need to get on an airplane. For most people in the U.S., you show your driver’s license to the TSA agent at the checkpoint. If you’re taking an international flight, you’ll have your passport with you and might use that instead. The TSA currently allows many different forms of identification to get past the security checkpoint. Here’s the list from tsa.gov:

  • Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • Border crossing card
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
  • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

I’ve seen U.S. passport cards before but never thought they were good for much. When my dad showed me he had gotten one, I thought it was a waste of money since he also got his passport at the same time.

What can you use a U.S. passport card for, anyway?

Continue reading “Should You Get a U.S. Passport Card?”