Some days big, public places go through their day with barely a hitch (or at least no hitches that the media catch wind of), and other days…not so much. Such was the case of Orlando International Airport this week.
Orlando International Airport (MCO) has had an expanding problem with their TSA checkpoint for years now. Thanks to the ever-increasing number of visitors in the form of theme parks tourists and convention attendees, on top of more and more residents in the Greater Orlando metropolitan area (2.5 million), MCO bypassed Miami in 2017 as the busiest airport in the state of Florida, and has gone from 15th most busiest airport in the United States in 2015 to the 11th busiest in 2018.
Spirit Airlines, which is the United States’ most well-know ultra low-cost carrier, will make some huge international expansions this fall, when they begin flying to and from South America and Central America, and expanding their service to the Caribbean and the Carolinas.
The last few times we flew out of Orlando, the TSA lines have been unbelievably long. The regular security line stretched all the way back towards the food court. It looked exactly like this:
We had to work our way through the crowds to make it to the TSA PreCheck lanes. Once we got to the PreCheck line, it was still a 10 minute wait to get our ID’s approved while we waited for the people who weren’t supposed to be in the line to be told they needed to go and wait in the 45 minute line going down the hall. But there was one line that was empty – the one for CLEAR.
Woo HOO! Happy Saturday, friends! Here’s a quick recap of the posts we wrote this week:
This week Joe wrote about:
- The milestone achievement he forgot but IHG Rewards Club remembered.
- How to enter to Autoslash’s contest to win a free car rental.
- How to earn a $10 travel card with every Best Western stay.
- A reminder to check your AMEX Offers – you could be missing out!
- The Entertainment Book still exists!
And Sharon wrote about:
- Something you should never, ever do with your boarding pass.
- Whether or not you can trust TripAdvisor.
- Orlando International Airport’s tweet about the addition of a new air airline with daily stops at MCO.
- Some bizarre reasons of why planes have made emergency landings.
- How you can stay off Walt Disney World property and still stay in a place that has Disney theming.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!