Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
Universal Studios theme parks have a lot going for them – Harry Potter, Despicable Me, Jurassic Park, and many more attractions to make a day or two at the park(s) worth a visit (that’s not even including special events like Halloween Horror Nights). But if you’re going to Universal Studios Japan, make sure that you actually wind up at the theme park and not at the Maishima incineration plant in Osaka.
It’s the time of the year when we need to decide our travel schedule for the following year. This is a necessary task because my work obligations make me put in for coverage if I want an entire week, or two, away from my job. The good thing about this is it forces Sharon and I to decide where we want to travel, Right now this is especially important because we don’t have any trips planned in 2019. What?!?!?!?! We need to fix that ASAP!
Now, we have “ideas” about what we want to go and when we want to go but it’s a different thing to set a date. It’s helpful because it was at this time last year we finally firmed up dates for our overdue visit New Orleans (where we had a parade to celebrate).
A while ago, Joe wrote about his most embarrassing travel mistake. I never paid back the favor with my own embarrassing travel story but hey, why not? Just as his embarrassing trip had to do with Japan, so is mine, albeit a different situation, and in fact, an entirely different trip.
Happy Sunday y’all! We hope you had a good week! Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may enjoy.
- Gary from View From The Wing shared that United will be replacing the Stroopwafel snack on domestic flights with a maple flavored cookie. Now I know that many people, myself included, find the snack cart/basket to be the best part of the flight. If you really want your Stroopwafel when you fly United, you could always buy them on Amazon.com. Just remember that you may have to take that snack out of your bag when going through the TSA checkpoint.
- Lucky from One Mile At A Time just stayed at a MOXY hotel for the first time. As a millennial, he’s the prime demographic for the brand. However, he found the MOXY at the Vienna Airport lacked many things he needs when traveling. Now, we’ve stayed at a MOXY in the US and loved the experience. In the comments, it’s mentioned that MOXY hotels in Europe are trying to compete with hostels so the offerings are different than the hotels in the US which makes sense. I’d be interested to see more people’s opinions on the brand as we thought it was a pleasant change from a regular hotel room.
- Jason from Million Mile Secrets just visited the Park Hyatt Tokyo and posted a review….. of his room’s toilet. We totally understand as we shared a picture of our first Japanese hotel toilet from the Holiday Inn in Kyoto from 2005.
- Road Warriorette shared tips on how to prepare for a flight that will not have any in flight entertainment. Her hints on how to make viewing your own device easier on a plane are wonderful and I’m going to use them on my next flight.
- As per Doctor of Credit, it looks like Target is no longer allowing you to use Target gift cards to purchase other types of gift cards. That’s a shame because I’ll no longer be able to use the trick I learned to save 10% off our Disney passes for the last two years. Good thing I know other ways to save on theme park admission tickets.
- Speaking of theme parks, Toy Story land opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando earlier this week and the staff of Laughing Place was there to report on the dedication ceremony.
- If you have a Citi credit card that earns Thank You points, check your email. Mark from Miles to Memories let us know that offers for bonus points have gone out to cardholders in recent days. I received one of these offers for 5x points on dining, shopping and groceries for the next three months which I’ll take full advantage of.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!