Once you’ve been paying attention to points and miles for a while, it becomes inevitable that you’ll end up with a stack of membership cards from various programs. Airline programs. Hotel programs. Rental Car programs. Credit Card programs. Dining programs. You name it and I probably have a card for it. One of the services that I find invaluable to keep this all organized is AwardWallet. Here’s five things that AwardWallet does that’ll make your life easier:
Happy Sunday, friends and if you’re in the U.S., happy Memorial Day Weekend! AND if you’re reading this from the southeast U.S., I hope Tropical Storm Alberto doesn’t bother you too much! Sharon and I have come across a lot of interesting travel-related articles this week – here are some of our favorites.
OK, you guys…I know there are, like, a bajillion phone chargers out there. I mean, Joe and I have used an Anker brand battery bank for years and it’s really great in terms of being able to recharge multiple times before having to be recharged itself…but it’s a little heavy to carry with us everywhere. And we even did a whole write up on the Fuel Rod brand of cell phone battery that they sell at Disney parks.…but unless you’re near a Fuel Rod kiosk to be able to switch out your dead Fuel Rod battery, you’re pretty much SOL in terms of recharging abilities. But my friend Shawn passed this along to me the other day and after checking it out, yeah, it’s got to be one of the best things out there for a fast and easy way to get some extra juice for you phone when you’re out and about and just need a quick charge from something that’s small and light and east to carry.
If you are lucky enough to be targeted for this offer and can take advantage of it, you’ll earn an easy 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points.
Last week, many Chase cardholders were reporting that they received an email offering 1,000 bonus points after making five payments with Apple Pay. So if you received one of these emails AND have an iPhone (or Apple Watch), it would only take five payments (of any value) in April to earn the points. You don’t even have to sign up for the offer; it’s automatically active for those who were targeted.
SO CHECK YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!! Continue reading “Easy Way To Earn 1000 Bonus Ultimate Rewards Points (If You’re Lucky)”
Here are the posts we saw last week, written by other travel bloggers, that we learned from, made us think or maybe chuckle a little bit. We hope you enjoy them, too!
- Prince Harry and his fiancé, Meghan Markle, flew coach on British Airways. Honestly, even we won’t do that.
- Waldorf=Astoria is offering continental breakfast for its Gold and Diamond members. We will be able to take advantage of this soon.
- Iphone users can get battery replacements for $29 for all of 2018. I consider this travel related because my iPhone is an indispensable tool when I travel.
- Costco Visa is eliminating foreign transaction fees. As many cards don’t honor category bonuses outside the U.S., this may be a good card to use; it earns 3% back on restaurant and travel purchases worldwide.
- Marriott pays you cash when their employees don’t follow policies. (This post was controversial and the two sides duke it out in the comments)
- Ed from Pizza in Motion found a way that American Express is trolling Chase on Google.
- Free ticket to Hong Kong Disneyland? If you are flying on Cathay Pacific and have a stopover in Hong Kong, they’ll spring for the entertainment.
- AMEX improves Hilton Transfer Ratio. I’m not sure if I’d transfer AMEX Membership rewards to Hilton Honors, but the increase in value is always welcome.
- I’ve already told of my love for the IHG card; apparently I’m not alone. Read this!
- The 1.4 Million Alitaila redemption that wasn’t.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!