Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
Let me start this post by saying you will not find two fiercer advocates of LGBTQ+ people than me and Joe. We’ve volunteered at Pride and GayDays events, walked in Pride parades, embraced all that was at a street festival in the Castro (thank-you Jimmy & David!) and supported many a gay bar by buying drinks and seeing shows. We’ve been advocates and told bigots why they were wrong, and we’ve been longtime donors to multiple local and national LGBTQ-centric organizations. We know twinks from bears, tops from bottoms and are familiar with the hanky code. And yes, some of our best friends really ARE gay.
So when I read that Virgin Atlantic was going to celebrate Pride 2019 with the first ever (known) flight staffed entirely by LGBTQ+ people next June, I felt no shame that the first words out of my mouth were a very stereotypical, “It’s gonna be FABULOUS!!!!!” because that’s precisely what I think it’s going to be.
Here’s more info about the event:
Happy Sunday, friends! We hope you’re enjoying your weekend. Here are some articles we’ve read this week from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
Happy Sunday, y’all and we hope you’re having a great weekend! Sharon and I have come across a lot of interesting travel-related articles this week – here are some of our favorites.
- I know what it feels like to make a mistake with a travel reservation but nothing I’ve ever done is like the story Emily shared on Million Mile Secrets this week. I love reading posts like this, and not because I like the feeling of schadenfreude (It means “Happiness at the misfortune of others.” It’s German.). These stories are cautionary tales, reminding us that even experienced travelers can make simple mistakes if they’re not careful.
- Cardholders of the discontinued IHG Rewards Club credit card received a bonus points offer in the mail with an offer if they converted their accounts to the new Chase IHG Premier card. Miles to Memories breaks down the offer and if it’s worth it.
- I was happy and proud to read that Walt Disney World and Orlando have won the bid to host the 2022 Special Olympics Summer Games.
- Credit cards have many benefits that come with being a cardholder. You might know about a free checked bag or lounge access but some of the other benefits can occasionally come to the rescue. If this situation happened to me, I have another card I would have used in such an emergency so I never even looked into this particular benefit of this card.
- We’ve never stayed at a hotel near Heathrow Airport so I had no idea the hotels near it can’t have their own airport shuttle buses (like almost every other airport do). Tiffany from One Mile at a Time shows how you can get to your hotel for free instead of having to pay £5.00 for Hotel Hoppa bus.
- What if the chip just stops working in your credit card? If you’re overseas, you need to get it replaced ASAP. Here’s a story from Loyalty Lobby about getting an American Express card replaced while visiting Thailand.
- Robert from Theme Park Insider wrote a very interesting post about how changing demographics are changing the theme park business.
- Andy’s Travel Blog always features great photography and the images of the Stockholm Metro stations from his recent trip are stunning.
- Not travel related – Doctor of Credit details the new deals that Amazon Prime members can get when shopping at Whole Foods Markets.
* Feature photo By Diliff – Own work, CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2067974
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!