Wow, it’s already Sunday? How does the weekend go by so fast? Anyway, he hope you had a good week! Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may enjoy.
Attention all witches and wizards, and even you muggles and squibs! Did you know there’s a weekend long HARRY POTTER THEMED PARTY in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States this autumn? Everyone’s invited! And, get this…it’s FREE! Well, maybe not 100% free…you may need to shell out a few Knuts, Sickles and Galleons for stuff here or there. But it’s free to walk around and see the sights and a little money here and there to buy some ice cream at Florean Fortescue’s or to buy a House Sword is a small price to pay for an event like this!
Sharon and I were both late to the Harry Potter phenomenon. It took a good friend of ours to get us hooked on the books (he had a trick of loaning the first book to people as something of a “gateway drug” to get them started). I can even remember the day I read the first book. In January 2006, I brought Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone with me on a plane ride to California (yes, people actually brought books with them back then). I finished it before the end of the trip and started the second book on the way home, Sharon started reading the books before me and we were both already four movies behind, but we took our work seriously and in no time we were caught up and have been fans ever since.
Hi y’all! Here are some travel articles we’ve read this week that we thought you might find interesting!
Another week has come and gone and woohoo, it’s the weekend! Here’s a quick recap of our posts from the past week:
Joe wrote about:
- The newly-released Starwood and Marriott winter hotel promotions.
- A very timely post regarding why you should visit cities after natural disasters.
- The one credit card he wants, “just because” (HINT: it would make Sharon very, very happy!)
- What could have been an expensive car rental nightmare, until he figured out how to get out of it.
- Why we didn’t fly on Ryanair and probably never will (note from Sharon: No, just “never.” No “probably” about it”)
Sharon wrote about:
- A Harry Potter themed bar that’s perfect for Wizards, Witches, Muggles and even NoMajs.
- A flash sale for up to 40% off tickets to Gaylord Resort’s “ICE!”
- The interesting way one airport is stopping birds from hitting planes during takeoff.
- The profits airlines made off various extras an up-sells in 2016.
- Some of the best luggage tags she’s ever seen.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Sometimes bars just do things “right.” And if you’re a fan of Harry Potter, the Wizarding World and all it encompasses, there’s a bar (two, actually – they’ve expanded!) that’s perfect for you!