It may only be July, but you can JUUUUUUST start to smell a tiny little bit Christmas in the air. The 2019 Hallmark ornaments have just gone on sale. QVC just had their Christmas In July event. And earlier this week, the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, FL announced their theme for the 2019 season of ICE!, their annual indoor winter wonderland…THE POLAR EXPRESS!
It’s no secret that A Christmas Story is my #1 most favorite Christmas movie of all time. We watch the movie every year (usually more than once), we’ve been to A Christmas Story House in Cleveland (where they filmed a lot of the outdoor scenes), we have a Christmas tree dedicated to only A Christmas Story ornaments and I even have every single piece that Department 56 ever made for their A Christmas Story village. So when I found out that the theme this year for ICE! at the Gaylord Palms was A Christmas Story, I was more than a little excited.
ICE!’s opening day was November 16th and Joe was scheduled to be off from work (HAPPY DANCE!), so we went. Here’s what we saw…
It may only be July, but you can JUUUUUUST start to smell a tiny little bit Christmas in the air. The 2018 Hallmark ornaments have been revealed. QVC just had their Christmas In July event. And earlier today, the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, FL announced their theme for the 2018 season of ICE!, their annual indoor winter wonderland…and it just happens to be my most favorite Christmas movie ever – A CHRISTMAS STORY!
Marriott has another online offer for money off ICE! at a Gaylord Resort for this holiday season and this time it’s for their Florida/Kissimmee location, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center!
Another week has come and gone and woohoo, it’s the weekend! Here’s a quick recap of our posts from the past week:
Joe wrote about:
- The newly-released Starwood and Marriott winter hotel promotions.
- A very timely post regarding why you should visit cities after natural disasters.
- The one credit card he wants, “just because” (HINT: it would make Sharon very, very happy!)
- What could have been an expensive car rental nightmare, until he figured out how to get out of it.
- Why we didn’t fly on Ryanair and probably never will (note from Sharon: No, just “never.” No “probably” about it”)
Sharon wrote about:
- A Harry Potter themed bar that’s perfect for Wizards, Witches, Muggles and even NoMajs.
- A flash sale for up to 40% off tickets to Gaylord Resort’s “ICE!”
- The interesting way one airport is stopping birds from hitting planes during takeoff.
- The profits airlines made off various extras an up-sells in 2016.
- Some of the best luggage tags she’s ever seen.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!