Hi everyone! Here are the articles we’ve recently seen, written by others, that we learned from, made us think or maybe made us chuckle a little bit. We hope you enjoy them!
And just like that, BOOM!, it’s the weekend! Hooray! Here’s a quick recap of the posts we wrote this week:
This week Joe wrote about:
- Whether or not you should pay for the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) when renting a car.
- His review of the Epicurean Hotel, in Tampa FL.
- How to earn a free night at a Wyndham Hotel after two stays.
- The new sign up bonus for the no-fee Disney Visa.
- His brand-new pet peeve about hotels.
And Sharon wrote about:
- How to find out current and predicted weather for your travel destinations.
- Her unusual toilet encounter at the Epicurean Hotel, in Tampa FL.
- Some of the corniest travel valentines ever.
- How to guarantee your suitcase will be easy to find in a sea of luggage.
- Disney roller coasters: technology + safety + capacity = fascinating!
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Hotel promotions seem to be a trend right now, with hotel brands often announcing the next promotion before the current one is even over. Some of them, like IHG’s Accelerate promo, allow you to find the best way to meet the tasks you are assigned to get the bonus. Others are downright uninspiring like the current Hilton promotion. Every once in a while there is a promotion that comes along that could possibly be very lucrative.
Wyndham hotels recently announced their promotion for stays from February 5, 2018 that are completed by July 1, 2018. If you sign up for the promotion and make two qualifying stays during the promotional period, you earn 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points. Since Wyndham Rewards offers a flat pricing of 15,000 points for a free night at any of their hotels, this bonus will pay for a free night.
In June of 2016, we signed up for the Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card that, at the time, was offering the “highest ever” sign up bonus – 100,000 points. When the $99 annual fee was due, it was time to decide if we would keep the card for another year. The main benefits of keeping this card are:
- You’ll receive a Free Night Stay in a Category 1-5 hotel each year after your account anniversary.
- Enjoy Marriott Rewards Gold Elite benefits when you spend $50,000 on purchases each account year.
- You’ll receive 15 Elite credits after account opening and every year after your account anniversary, giving you guaranteed Silver Elite status every year.
- Every $3,000 you spend on purchases earns you 1 additional credit toward Elite status – with no limit to the number of credits you can earn.