Using Points To Stay In Orlando, Cruise Ship Excursions, New Airline Voucher System & More!

Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.

Continue reading “Using Points To Stay In Orlando, Cruise Ship Excursions, New Airline Voucher System & More!”


This Is Probably One Of The Coolest Cruises You Will Have Ever Heard Of

Lots of people like cruising. Granted, I’m generally not one of them, but I know many people (including Joe) who are. Yet, for all of my not being thrilled with them, this cruise just intrigues me:

  • It’s 117 days/116 nights long
  • It goes all around the world
  • You stop at 43 destinations in 23 countries on 5 continents
  • 15 shore excursions are included

So yeah, I’m thinking this cruise might be better than stopping at Nassau and some woman asking me, “Hey Shorty, you want your hair braided?” (trust me, that is NOT the way to become my friend. It will get me to give you side eye, though. Just ask the woman in Nassau who tried that in 2001). Here’s more info…

Continue reading “This Is Probably One Of The Coolest Cruises You Will Have Ever Heard Of”

Should You Get a U.S. Passport Card?

You know what documents you need to get on an airplane. For most people in the U.S., you show your driver’s license to the TSA agent at the checkpoint. If you’re taking an international flight, you’ll have your passport with you and might use that instead. The TSA currently allows many different forms of identification to get past the security checkpoint. Here’s the list from

  • Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
  • Permanent resident card
  • Border crossing card
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
  • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential

I’ve seen U.S. passport cards before but never thought they were good for much. When my dad showed me he had gotten one, I thought it was a waste of money since he also got his passport at the same time.

What can you use a U.S. passport card for, anyway?

Continue reading “Should You Get a U.S. Passport Card?”

Our Favorite Way to See A Key West Sunset

When you go to certain locations, especially when you’re on vacation, it’s a given that you’ll do some specific things. If you’re at Disney theme park, you have a list of attractions that you HAVE to go on. If you’re visiting Hollywood, I’m sure you’ll look for the big HOLLYWOOD sign up in the hills. If you visit New York City, you’ll want to go to Times Square or eat a slice of pizza. And if you go to Key West, you’re going to want to see a sunset.

There are plenty of ways to see a Key West sunset for free…Mallory Square is a good example. But sometimes you want to do something that’s one step further; maybe a little more quiet and/or romantic, or includes some wine and munchies, or is just a little different, or…
Continue reading “Our Favorite Way to See A Key West Sunset”