It may only be July, but you can JUUUUUUST start to smell a tiny little bit Christmas in the air. The 2018 Hallmark ornaments have been revealed. QVC just had their Christmas In July event. And earlier today, the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, FL announced their theme for the 2018 season of ICE!, their annual indoor winter wonderland…and it just happens to be my most favorite Christmas movie ever – A CHRISTMAS STORY!
It’s the last weekend of 2017, y’all! Like many of you, I’m pretty much ready to let 2017 exit the building and maybe even let the door hit it on its behind as it leaves. Here’s to hoping that 2018 will be our best year yet!
Anyway, here’s a quick recap of the posts we wrote this week:
This week Joe wrote about:
- Looking at more local places to travel in 2018.
- How to use a debit card for car rentals.
- How having one particular credit card gets you whopping SECOND CLASS Treatment on United.
- The difference between a great concierge and all the rest.
Sharon wrote about:
- Her travel version of “A Visit From St. Nicholas” (with apologies to Clement Clarke Moore)
- What she and Joe think is the best Christmas travel video ever.
- The reopening of the Starbucks at MCO, now with beer, wine and small plates.
- How to NOT videotape your vacation.
- The airport restaurant designed by Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Reservations are now open for Camp Bacon®.
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
There are some Christmas videos and commercials that are timelessly iconic. Coca-Cola’s “I’d Like To Teach The World To Sing” on the hilltop. Norelco’s stop-action Santa sledding down a hill on an electric rotary razor. Hershey’s Kisses playing “We Wish You A Merry Christmas.” For the past several years, WestJet, a low-cost carrier that’s Canada’s second largest airline has done commercials of the annual “Christmas Miracles” they’ve done. All have been heartwarming but this one is, we think, the best they ever did:
T’was the night before travel and all through the suitcase,
Not an item was stirring, not even the toothpaste.
Warm sock were all packed in the bag with great care,
Because home for the holidays! It’s really cold there!
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has been the source of annoyance for many, and the butt of jokes for maybe even more. Fortunately, despite the individual TSA workers who sometimes act as if their career goal is to make travelers miserable, from a corporate point of view, they actually seem to have a sense of humor.