If you’re looking for flights to/from the U.S., Canada, Latin America or the Caribbean in early September to early October and have some miles in your Delta Skymiles account, this flash sale might be a good one to look into. Continue reading “Delta Flash Sale! Offer Ends July 25!”
You know what documents you need to get on an airplane. For most people in the U.S., you show your driver’s license to the TSA agent at the checkpoint. If you’re taking an international flight, you’ll have your passport with you and might use that instead. The TSA currently allows many different forms of identification to get past the security checkpoint. Here’s the list from tsa.gov:
- Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
- U.S. passport
- U.S. passport card
- DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
- U.S. military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DoD civilians)
- Permanent resident card
- Border crossing card
- DHS-designated enhanced driver’s license
- Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
- HSPD-12 PIV card
- Foreign government-issued passport
- Canadian provincial driver’s license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
- Transportation worker identification credential
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
- U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
I’ve seen U.S. passport cards before but never thought they were good for much. When my dad showed me he had gotten one, I thought it was a waste of money since he also got his passport at the same time.
What can you use a U.S. passport card for, anyway?
Get your SkyMiles gathered because Delta announced a flash sale yesterday, with select roundtrip routes within the United states starting at 11,000 Skymiles, Europe starting at 33,000 miles, Asia starting at 50,000 miles, and the Caribbean and Latin America starting at 11,000 miles (all with taxes and fees, of course). It’s a fash sale, so you better hurry with making those reservations – the offer ends tomorrow, June 13th.