Who says that summer camp is only for kids? There are bunches of summer camps, usually just a weekend long, that are especially made for people age 21+ and one of them in particular just sounds like a whole lot of fun!
2019 is well on its way and that means it’s time for some of us to start looking into summer camps. I don’t mean for kids – I mean for grown-ups! What if I told you there’s such a place as Camp Bacon®? And what if I told you they’re taking reservations RIGHT NOW?
Some little girls and not-so-little girls (and occasionally not-so-little boys, too!) would LOVE to be a real-life mermaid (or merman). Well, grown-up merfolk wannabes, you CAN, because on the west coast of Florida, there’s a bona fide mermaid camp for adults! But you gotta be quick because registration is going to open. any day now! Here’s more about it…
Hooray for the weekend! Hi y’all! Here’s a quick recap of the posts we wrote this week:
This week Joe wrote about:
- The three types of insurance rental car companies try to sell you – why you should or should not purchase them.
- We had access to a hotel club lounge (it doesn’t happen often) and what it was like.
- Why we had to find a new VPN for our travel computer.
- The credit card bonus that’s based on U.S. Olympic wins.
- How to get free upgrades on hotels.
And Sharon wrote about:
- Her suggestion of how NOT to earn 30,000 frequent flyer miles.
- The battery packs Disney parks sell, FuelRods, and if they’re worth the money they cost.
- How to get a tour of the camp where Friday the 13th was filmed.
- We’re so excited about our new addition!
- Plane travel for those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Like this post? Feel free to share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
If you’re a fan of the Friday the 13th brand of movies, you may LOVE this! Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco is a real-live Boy Scout camp in the town of Hardwick, which is in Northern NJ, that’s been around since 1927. It’s also the location of what they called Camp Crystal Lake in the movies.
The camp, which is not open to the public, has done tours a small handful times in the past. However this year they are doing something VERY special.