When applying for a credit card you’ll usually see a place to add authorized users. The banks will phrase it like “ADD UP TO FIVE PEOPLE TO YOUR ACCOUNT FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE!” If you do this, the bank will send credit cards for everyone. Great, right? Maybe, maybe not. Here’s a quick rundown of what an authorized user is and why it may be a good, or a bad, idea to add one to your account.
Hi y’all and if you’re reading this in the United States, happy Labor Day weekend! Here’s a quick recap of our posts from the past week:
Joe wrote about:
- What each of the major rental car companies offer when you sign up for their respective programs.
- National Car Rental’s “One Two Free” promotion.
- The upcoming hotel promotions for this winter season and why it’s a good idea to sign up for their respective programs ahead of time.
- Our experience of flying Delta Basic Economy.
- His review of the American Express Platinum card and if he thought it was worth our renewing.
Sharon wrote about:
- Her review of the PacSafe portable safe.
- Two contests where you could win a free Disney Cruise (they’re legit contests – not hoaxes!)
- How to not be THAT guy/gal/airline/airport.
- A #TBT look back at their last day at Tokyo Disney Sea in April, 2005.
- The controversy of taking kids out of school to go on family vacations.
- Silvercar’s arrival in Orlando, plus a Silvercar sweepstakes!
Like this post? We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just once or twice a day). Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
The American Express Platinum Card is the last of the three premium travel cards for me to review, as I’ve already talked about the Citi Prestige and the Chase Sapphire Reserve. I’m looking at the Platinum Card at this moment because my annual fee is coming due and I need to evaluate if I’m going to keep the card, downgrade it or cancel it. Since I need to look at everything the card offers to help make my decision, I figure this is as good a time as any to post my review.
You can sign up for the American Express Platinum card by using my referral link. I would greatly appreciate it because I receive a bonus for everyone who gets the card. Thanks!
Elite benefits from hotels are nice. These are the benefits that frequent guests of the hotel chain are given as a thank-you for being good customers. While each chain has different benefits for differing levels of membership, the things you’ll usually see offered are a welcome gift, free wifi, early check in, late check out, an upgraded room and a variety of other perks.
While I’d like to think that we are traveling all the time, we actually aren’t. We stayed outside of our home for 33 nights in 2016. The breakdown of our stays looks like this:
When it comes to making travel reservations, I’m disloyal. There, I said it and truth be told I get a bit of a thrill in making that statement. You see, I am an Eagle Scout. Therefore, loyalty is part of the deal. Right here, second on the list behind being trustworthy.
A Scout is:
- and Reverent.
So why am I not loyal when it comes to my travel? Simply stated, I don’t travel enough to Continue reading “The joy of being disloyal”