Thanks to COVID vaccines, slowly but surely the United States is emerging from the nightmare of the coronavirus pandemic. As of this writing, the the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says that about 151.3 million people have received at least one dose of a COVID vaccine. That includes roughly 112.6 million people who’ve been fully vaccinated by Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine or the two-dose series made by Pfizer and Moderna. That means about 45.6% of the country’s population has received at least 1 dose (57.7% of adults age 18+) and just shy 34% of us are fully inoculated (43.2% of the 18 and older crowd).
For those who are still unvaccinated, Biden has offered a personal plea: “This is your choice. It’s life and death.” That sounds good on TV and might even work for those who are on the fence and trust and like our current President. For others, probably not so much.
However businesses know that sometimes incentives can sometimes work wonders (and rewards for getting your COVID shot are cool, too!), so they’re doing their part with offers of free stuff if people get their COVID vaccine. Some are national, some are local, but they’re all good! Here’s a huge bunch of the national offers:
Free Food, Drink and Stuff!
- Krispy Kreme – you can get one free Krispy Kreme doughnut every day for the rest of 2021 if you go in and show your completed COVID card.
- White Castle – with White Castle’s “Vax for Snacks” program, you can get a free dessert on a stick with proof of vaccination.
- Budweiser – Budweiser is giving a free beer to anyone 21 years old and up — who provide their proof of vaccination on ABeerOnBud.com.
- Sam Adams – Post your COVID-19 vaccine photo with #ShotForSam on Twitter or Instagram and Sam Adams will buy you a beer. Age 21+.
- The Vitamin Shop- the Vitamin Shoppe is giving one free “full-size healthy snack or drink product” with proof of vaccination.
- Office Depot & Office Max – Use the coupon code 52516714 and either store will laminate your COVID card for free. You can also stop by a Staples for the same thing (but think twice before you actually do that!)
Free Money, Points, Rides & Discounts!
Several employers, including Marriott, Amtrak, Disney, McDonald’s, Starbucks, Target, Aldi, Lidl,Publix, Dollar General, Chobani, AT&T, Trader Joe’s, Instacart, Petco, Kroger, Darden Restaurants and others, are offering employees paid time off or one-time stipends/bonuses to get their COVID shots.
But there are plenty of other way to get free money (or the equivalent) if you show proof of your “Fauci Ouchie”:
- Bab Al Shams Desert Resort: They’re offering a 25% discount for vaccinated customers, plus another 25% off several dining options.
- If you’re not vaccinated yet and need a ride to a vaccination center, Lyft and Uber are offering free or discounted rides.
- Target – If you get your COVID vaccine at a CVS inside a Target, you’ll receive a $5 Target coupon.
- Drop: Share that you’ve been vaccinated on Instagram, and Drop will give you $20 to $50 in points you can use at Amazon, Starbucks and more retailers. This article first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary.
- John Hancock: If you have life insurance through John Hancock and are a part of its Vitality rewards program, when you get the COVID-19 vaccine, you’ll get 400 reward points.
- Instacart – If you’re an active Instacart shopper who has shopped at least five batches in the previous 30 days and can verify you have received a COVID-19 vaccine you can apply for a $25 stipend.
Local Free Stuff!
While some offers for free stuff are nationwide, others are more local:
- Norton Sound Health Corp., which has a hospital in Nome and 15 clinics across western Alaska, is giving away prizes, including airline tickets, money toward the purchase of an all-terrain vehicle, and $500 for groceries or fuel.
- In Phoenix, the Mint Dispensary is offering free edibles to customers 21 and over who show their vaccine card.
- Everyday California is offering free surfboard, paddleboard, or snorkel rentals for people who show their vaccine card.
- Super Duper Burgers is giving out free fries to customers who’ve been vaccinated.
- Uno Dos Tacos is giving away free chips and salsa at this San Francisco restaurant.
- Me and Z’s restaurant in Arroyo Grande is offering a free taco to anybody who shows proof that they’ve received the COVID vaccine.
- The state’s Drinks On Us campaign lets you get a free drink (alcoholic or nonalcoholic) from participating restaurants from May 19 through May 31, if you show proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID vaccine and purchase food.
- Chicago will be offering a series of free outdoor concerts every month, but only for people who have been vaccinated.
- Free admission to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield to people with proof of vaccination through the end of June.
- If you get vaccinated at the World Shooting and Recreational Complex in Sparta on May 14 or 15, you’ll get 100 free shooting targets to use at their ranges.
- Cleveland Indians: Vaccinated fans can get discounted tickets for two upcoming series: May 11-12 against the Chicago Cubs, and May 21-23 against the Minnesota Twins. The deal is good for $5 off regularly priced upper box and upper reserve tickets only.
- The City of Detroit is enhancing its Good Neighbor program to include a $50 debit card reimbursement for any pre-registered individual who drives a Detroiter to get a vaccination at select vaccination sites run by the Detroit Health Department.
- Chicago’s Village Tap has been offering $10 gift cards (up to $10,000 worth) to customers who present proof of vaccination.
- If you’re in New Orleans on a Friday, you can score a bowl of Yakamein soup and a free shot as part of a “Shots for Shots” program.
- Rumbleseat Bar & Grille: This restaurant in Chicopee, Massachusetts, is offering a 20% discount every Monday on food orders to people with vaccination cards.
- Oak & Reel: Detroit’s Oak & Reel is offering 50% off to dine-in customers with vaccination cards.
- A “Pots for Shots” program at Greenhouse of Walled Lake is offering a free pre-rolled joint to anyone 21 and over who’s been vaccinated.
- Up-Down: Up-Down, a Minneapolis arcade, will give fully vaccinated customers 20 free tokens through the end of the summer.
- Burger place Westport Flea Market in Kansas City, Missouri, has a BOGO to vaccinated customers. When dine-in customers show the cashier their vaccine card, they can partake in a Buy One, Get One Free deal on 5.5 oz. burgers.
- NJ’s Shot and a Beer program offers you a free drink from one of more than 30 microbreweries around the state if you get your first shot in the month of May.
- New Yorkers who get their Johnson & Johnson shot when they go to Citi Field or Yankee Stadium will get a free ticket to a future game.
- Those who get their shots at the vaccine site in the American Natural History Museum get a free pass for four people to come back to see the exhibits.
- Junior’s Restaurant is giving away free mini cheesecake at their Brooklyn location, with proof of vaccination.
- Nathan’s Famous in Coney Island is giving away free hot dogs to those who show they got their vaccination that day.
- In NYC, the AIDS activism group ACT UP NY has held two Joints for Jabs events and is planning another for the city’s third annual Queer Liberation March in late June.
- Everson Museum in Syracuse is reportedly offering free admission with proof of a Covid-19 vaccine through May 31.
- Erie County NY is offering “Shot and Chaser” program – get a COVID shot at one of their pop up vaccination clinics and get a free drink.
- Cincinnati Reds: The MLB team is offering discounted tickets from $10 for those with proof of vaccination.
- Market Garden – The first 2021 vaccinated people to sign up at this link can grab a Market Garden beer for 10 cents.
- If you’re in Memphis and have the vaccine, you can enter your name in a raffle to win a new car—you can pick from a range of cars, including a Chevy Camaro and a Nissan Rogue.
- Flavors Daiquiri Cafe in Tyler is giving coupons for a free daiquiri or appetizer to anyone that comes in and shows them a fully vaccinated card.
- (This one is AMAZING!) Chef Jose Andres recently tweeted: “Ok! We want everyone vaccinated! Starting tomorrow, until we reach 70% of total population, anyone that comes with vaccine papers, that proves that has been vaccinated will get $50 gift certificate for any of @thinkfoodgroup restaurants in the @washingtondc area…” More details on that humanitarian offer can be found here.
- Milwaukee brewery Black Husky Brewing is offering a “Prost to your Dose!” deal. When you show your vaccination card, you receive a free beer.
- Also in Milwaukee, Dorsia posted on Instagram that dine-in customers will receive a 25% discount to those who show their vaccination card. This article first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary.
- And more in Milwaukee! The Walker’s Point boutique hotel is giving away a free shot of liquor to customers (age 21+) who show their vaccine sticker or card. The hotel wrote on social media: “That’s right, we’re gifting our vaccinated friends with a shot for a shot: Show us your vaccine sticker or card, and we’ll pour you a free shot in Branded.”
- Shawarma House, known for its Middle Eastern cuisine, is now offering 15 percent off your order if you show your vaccination card. Shawarma House is located in – you guessed it – Milwaukee ;-).
- Meanwhile, in Appleton, WI, The Fox Cities Exhibition Center vaccine clinic is partnering with three local breweries — Appleton Beer Factory, McFleshman’s and Stone Arch Brewpub — to launch a “Shot and a Beer” campaign to encourage people to get immunized. If you’re over 21, you’ll get a coupon for a free beer. If you’re under 21, you’ll get a coupon for a free root beer or other soda 😉
So yeah, that’s a lot of free stuff. I’m sure there are some more offers out there that I just didn’t see in my searching, So if I missed some, please let me know in the comments. Thanks!
Feature Image: Pix4free.org
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask #getyourCOVIDvaccine
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 21,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary