Hi, travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV in the past week or two. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday, we wrote about the plane humping man, United put a 2-year-old on their “no fly” list, a warning about this creepy stalker kind of scammer, and more! Click here to read all about it.
Some of our more recent most-read articles:
- This skill has come in handy while traveling during COVID
- Marriott’s Delta hotel pulls the plug on this multi-year rebranding project
- Flight canceled when 200 passengers had identical COVID test results
- Japan to allow foreign visitors at Tokyo Olympics, no vaccine or quarantine needed
- I found flights to Japan on JAL for 60K AAdvantage miles (and it felt amazing)
- Why I’ve had a change of heart about Airbnb
- Legendary NYC restaurant opened during prohibition, couldn’t survive COVID
- Several new routes announced in UK and US
- Florida’s first snow park opened Nov. 20th; authorities closed them down Dec. 10th
- Trudeau gives update on when US-Canada border will reopen
- Why airplanes are usually painted white
- Expecting a package while away? Here’s what to do for USPS, UPS, FedEx & Amazon
- Now’s the best time to book a room at the Marriott Marquis NYC
- EZ-Pass will soon be usable throughout Central Florida & the rest of the state
- United flight attendants exposed to COVID, told no quarantine, just watch for symptoms
- NYC’s Waldorf=Astoria sold its classic furniture. Here’s what they should have done
- Florida gaining another port of call for cruises
- Why you should turn off Amex’s “pay over time” option (& how to do it)
- Why you need to diversify your points & miles portfolio
- Where can you stay near Walt Disney World with Marriott credit card free nights?
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 16,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary