Hello, travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV in the past week or two. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we wrote about new ways to get retention offers, more European ATM scams, more bad news from Disney Cruise Line, and more. Click here to check it out!
Some of our more recent most-read articles:
- Dear Marriott: Do you realize how stupid that name is for that hotel?
- Why I’m paranoid about meeting an American Express spending requirement
- American Airlines shifting its Asian hub from Los Angeles
- You got #Bonvoyed: Been there, done that…wait, there’s a T-shirt???
- Airport’s new blurb: clever or petty?
- Florida just ended all COVID rules. How’s how that will affect visiting Walt Disney World
- From Butthole Lane to Shaftesbury: brothers did an epic “rude trip” of England
- Are credit card concierge services worth anything?
- Delta just showed what’s important to them (it’s not always money)
- South Africa & Colombia announce reopening for tourism
- Please don’t use my referral link for the Sapphire Preferred card
- Baby born during flight gets lifetime ticket
- With behavior like this, people will needlessly die on a plane someday
- The worst hotels in the world according to TripAdvisor
- Royal Caribbean CEO worried about what could be another cruising delay
- Alternate ways to cool or heat your room when regular hotel thermostat hacks don’t work
- Nudist event returning to a water park
- I redeemed two free hotel night certificates (including my last IHG uncapped)
- Dear hotels: keep doing these things after COVID-19
- The new thing I’m looking for in TripAdvisor reviews
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 15,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary