Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- It wasn’t all that long ago that travel bloggers were looking at Iceland as the place to travel. They were open to visitors as long as they had a negative COVID-19 test before their trip. Iceland’s new low-cost carrier was even courting those passengers. Since Iceland’s new cases are starting to increase, they’ve instituted new quarantine measures that all but eliminates most leisure travel.
- Not long ago, we wrote about a company in Seattle where you can get free face masks. They’re not “free” free because you have to pay $5 postage per mask, but they have some really nice designs. The World According To Dev has now found a company that will send you a free CUSTOM facemask (again, not free; $3.99 shipping is involved) of any image you upload.
- We’re all looking for places to visit that are within driving distance. While it’s not close to Florida, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, Tennesee is a major tourist town for many in the middle of the United States. We’ve visited there and stayed at a no-name hotel and even played mini-golf at a course I visited decades ago. Lee from Bald Thoughts made a family trip to the area in the midst of coronavirus and gave his impressions on what it’s like to make such a trip.
- Back in 2019, we featured a post about how Lufthansa was upcycling an old plane into household goods. Should it be any surprise that since even more planes are grounded in 2020 that Lufthansa is presenting a second upcycling collection?
- Marriott hotels used to offer you bonus points if you forgo housekeeping. The “Green Choice” initiative would let you earn 500 Marriott Bonvoy points a night if you could deal with making your own bed and re-using towels. Now that Marriott hotels aren’t providing housekeeping for stays less than three days, the bonus points aren’t necessary, so the offer has been eliminated.
- It’s difficult to remember all of the changes to credit card benefits in the world of coronacrapola. I had to give a re-do for my wallet after three months of lockdown. As usual, Frequent Miler wrote the post I wanted to write if I had the time. Here’s the Ultimate Guide to all COVID-19 credit card enhancements.
- United Airlines has attempted to roll our cleanliness programs across their fleet to address COVID-19. While they’re only sanitizing the cockpits of the aircraft, even those measures are encountering unforeseen difficulties. This just shows how all corporations are facing problems instituting sanitary measures laid out by their partners.
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary