Hello, travel friends, happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- Last Sunday we linked to posts that discussed the woman who discovered her spouse’s affair while on a plane, American Airlines came to their senses, the IHG joke gone wrong, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- Celebration, Florida: the not-so-perfect town that Disney built
- Americans are finding loopholes to travel to Europe
- 158 people are in quarantine because their plane was 1 minute late
- Airlines accused of canceling passengers’ economy tickets to sell more first class seats
- Our most expensive hotel stay ever
- After their latest update, I don’t think Hawaii will reopen on September 1
- 10 things that you just don’t see in hotels anymore
- Why planes are flying at a higher altitude than usual
- Working from home? MGM Resorts is offering Work-From-Las-Vegas packages!
- The odd man who ruined our photo op in Versailles
- This exemption Southwest made due to COVID-19 didn’t last very long
- The strangest reason I’ve ever used to request a room change
- New rules for traveling to Alaska by plane & by driving through Canada
- Starbucks summer game is here & its kinda frustrating
- Why hotels put a chocolate on your pillow
- The surprisingly good benefit you get with the no annual fee Fidelity Visa Signature card
- The new state department travel advisory levels are crazily inaccurate
- How to maximize your points earned with a large expense
- Auckland Airport making changes ahead of resumed international travel
- Chase adds new category to pay yourself back
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary