Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far. Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Airlines have been extending the points expiration dates for members on a rolling basis. American Airlines was the first not to extend points past June 30th and started zeroing out inactive accounts. They’ve come to their senses and have paused expiration until the end of 2020 and are in the process of replacing all of the points that were removed from accounts in July.
- The IATA has a COVID-19 travel regulations map that’s kept up to date with the changing rules to travel from one place to another. Up until now, access to the map has been free but if you want to search for more than three countries you’ll have to buy a subscription for 199EUR. There are other options out there, like this one that’s focused on travel in Europe. Otherwise, you’ll need to narrow your search to three countries before using the IATA map.
- When your spouse/partner works as a flight attendant, It’s hard to keep their schedule straight in your head. But it’s still a good idea to know when they’re going to get home from a trip when planning your extra-marital affairs. If not, you could end up with a black eye and scratches. In this case, his wife also threw his guitar against the wall, because it’s Florida. I suppose this story could have been even worse, like that time something similar happened on the plane.
- Airlines are trying to stand up against people who refuse to wear masks. For one Delta flight that hadn’t taken off, the plane returned to the gate and removed two passengers from the flight. Delta’s CEO has also stated they’ve added at least 100 passengers to the no-mask-no-fly list.
- When you’re at work, there are times when you need a good chuckle. Apparently, someone working in the IHG email department was in a goofy mood and added in an extra benefit for Ambassador members. FREE FLIGHTS! The only problem is that the funny email draft was the one sent out to members. OOPS!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary