Hello, travel friends and happy Saturday to you and yours! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to sometimes what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- Part of U.S. included in Japan’s plan for reopening international travel
- Why planes are flying at a higher altitude than usual
- Why hotels put a chocolate on your pillow
- The coolest thing we ever did on a layover
- The time I met Dave Chappelle at Walt Disney World
- How you can see that COVID is hurting a reopened Las Vegas & Disney World
- Man shoots gun in hotel lobby because guests weren’t social distancing
- Why is CNN played on TV screens at so many U.S. airports?
- Auckland Airport making changes ahead of resumed international travel
- A sneaky workaround for using squat toilets
- New rules for traveling to Alaska by plane & by driving through Canada
- Test dummies fall off roller coaster, amusement park rep says coaster is safe
- Dunkin’ Donuts bringing back free donuts & coffee promo in August
- Starbucks summer game is here & it’s kinda frustrating
- Why doesn’t my bank believe I really was the one making a purchase
- Why most Hawaiians don’t want you to visit Hawaii yet
- This essential product for virus-free travel will be on a shortage until at least 2021
- U.S. State Dep’t lifts global ‘Do Not Travel’ advisory
- TripIt now includes coronavirus when figuring out neighborhood safety
- Product review: Simply Seattle’s free facial masks (yes, FREE!)
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary