Hello, travel friends, happy Saturday, and happy new month, too! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- Last Sunday we linked to posts that discussed the American Airlines’ reservation restriction that was removed, a big change for oneworld award bookings, this new ship for real?, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- “Dear TSA, Wait I can EXPLAIN!”
- Part of U.S. included in Japan’s plan for reopening international travel
- First large cruise ship back in service, with 1,200 aboard
- New Zealand is changing its travel bubble plans
- Unexpected health trend due to coronavirus
- Why I stopped paying attention to Chase offers
- “Dear Hilton, Words and timing matter. AWKWARD!”
- Hawaiian islands considering resort bubble for quarantined tourists
- 80,000 in Vietnam evaluated due to 3 new COVID cases
- Bahamas reverses ban on U.S. travelers, now has new rules
- Japan is trying to remove one of the major annoyances for visitors
- Why hotels put a chocolate on your pillow
- United Airlines understands what it will take for people to fly again
- Expectation vs. reality can be jarring when visiting famous places
- What’s Disney rash, how to treat it, and how to prevent it from happening in the first place
- United files for huge layoffs at Florida airport
- Update: 75 hand sanitizers have now been recalled for toxicity
- Costa Rica reopening for tourist August 1st, but not to Americans
fivesix easy things I want in a hotel room
- We should have passport envy right now
- This is why you should do your homework when booking a hotel
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary