Hello, travel friends and happy Saturday. Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- Last Sunday we linked to posts that discussed tales of losing Global Entry status, is it worth the effort to get Marriott Platinum status, why being below 5/24 isn’t that great, & more! Click here to read all about it!
- This past Wednesday, we told you about when the worst time of the pandemic is for travel, challenges of traveling during COVID, the plans for Notre Dame have been finalized (and WOW!), and more! Click here to read all about it!
Some of our most-read articles this week:
- The sweet spot for each hotel loyalty program
- Name change for New York airport?
- Complaining business class passenger got what was coming to him
- Why Florida locals don’t eat outside in the summer
- Southwest Airlines changes payment options
- Japan is trying to remove one of the major annoyances for visitors
- 16 of the most ridiculous requests passengers have made on planes
- Airlines want to know why more people aren’t flying
- Nearly 200 have violated Hawaii’s quarantine, so here’s what’s being done
- 175,000 Hilton points is tempting but there’s one problem
- American Airlines CEO says, “Let’s go fly, for God’s sake!”
- Aftermath: the reason for the collapsed hotel was illegal construction
- Credit card review: Chase Sapphire Reserve
- What’s Disney rash, how to treat it, and how to prevent it in the first place
- Airbnb suggesting guests make monetary donations to hosts
- United just made their planes a little safer (and more comfy, too!)
- E-ZPass will soon be usable throughout Central Florida & the rest of the state
- What I wish airlines would do when people won’t wear masks
- Some of the worst UK travel companies have names very familiar to Americans
- Air New Zealand can’t sell international tickets until the government solves a new dilemma
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary